Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breaks- Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:29 AM
1st Gear
Default Breaks- Help Please!

This kinda sux for a first post, but I need help. I just purchased a 2003 A4 1.8t Q 10 days ago. After having the car about 3 days the blinking red break light came on and started beeping at me. So I did some searching on here and found out the two most likely things were low break fluid or worn out rear pads. The pads looked fine so I added break fluid and the light went away only to come back 2 days later. So yesterday I took it to the dealership and they flushed the break fluid and said I did not have any leaks. well today the light has come back on for the 3rd time. Do u guys have any ideas as to what may be causing this problem? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Breaks- Help Please!

Probably needs brake pads. there is a wear sensor in them that can cause the warning light. They are probably nearing the end-of-life.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:07 PM
1st Gear

pads have been checked and show atleast 50% left on rears and almost new on fronts. any other ideas?

Old 10-18-2006, 12:11 PM
4th Gear

If you bought it from dealer, take it back and make them fix it.

Otherwise, try searching the forum, I am out of ideas.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: mackers

pads have been checked and show atleast 50% left on rears and almost new on fronts. any other ideas?
did you check the pads personally or someone else

Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

I have checked them and told the dealer to check them jsut to make sure when i had it in there.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:31 PM

Did you buy it from a dealer? If you did, go in and raise hell. They won't want to fix it, but they will. It looks like you've only had the car for a couple of weeks, every dealer is required to offer some warrenty, even if it's only a month. If they won't fix it, tell them that you want your money back, then they'll fix it.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the help guys. just got back from the dealership and the guys said that when my break fluid was bleed the right rear cap was not tightened enough and i was leaking from there. which would seem to make sense to me given how fast i was leaking fluid, but im a newb. this sound right to yall?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM
4th Gear

Sounds possible.

Did they fix it and the light stays off? just keep an eye on the fluid level over the next week or two and make sure it stays full and you should be OK.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:16 PM
1st Gear

they said they tightened it a i should be good- light has not come back on yet. but it hasnt been that long either

Quick Reply: Breaks- Help Please!