Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bras

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:23 AM
2nd Gear
Default bras

i want to get a bra for my car...i have quite a few paint chips from rocks and want to minimize future chips...but what's with those two big chunky things on the hood part of the bras?? here's a pic...i'll probably get one any, but wtf? those things are ugly.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:45 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: bras

Bra's do more damage than good... Unless you take it off every single time you wash the car, which is a time consuming process. At the shop I work at, everytime a car comes in with a bra, I lift it up a little bit and have a look underneth. There is some very nasty stuff trapped inside the bra. Your car is approaching 10 years old... I'd live with the chips :P I'm sure it shines up great, and looks awesome from 10 feet away.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:58 AM

they are now discontinued through the dealer now too if you want something to protect get the 3M hood tape this works really well

Old 03-30-2005, 11:21 AM
1st Gear

That two big chunky things are spoilers to the bra. It keeps the bra stay on your hood at high speed. I've installed a set of clear bra on my A4 and it works great. I still get few stone chips due to roads condition in NJ but it has already minimized. Also, you don't have to remove it everytime you wash the car or during rain or/and snow.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:28 AM

clear bra ? never seen this do u have any pics ?

Old 03-30-2005, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

You mentioned 3M hood tape. I think they're the same thing unless we're talking about two different products.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM
1st Gear

I bought the bra for my car from Clconversion and I tell you, it was the best thing I ever bought for the car. The stone chips has minimized and any bugs get trapped in the mesh and not ending up in the rad.
The only drawback is that you need to take it off every time you wash your car. It is not that bad if you ask me because I like to take my time and really do a good job. I leave it off in the winter to prevent salt getting trap between the bra and the hood. Get one if you can and protect your hood.

Old 03-30-2005, 01:29 PM
2nd Gear

You lazy people...just make sure you wash your bra when you wash your car...

..I think this is the first time I've ever heard a guy complaining about taking a bra off...

-T

Old 03-30-2005, 03:17 PM
5th Gear

Well I can tell you that I may be the first you heard complaining about it, but 95% of people dont take it off. Like I said, I work at a detail shop... wash several cars a day, and obviously we get cars with bra's. Nearly every single bra I've seen, has concealed a frickin ecosystem. It's gross. I dont know how much work is involved in taking one on and off... but the majority of people dont bother. Plus I saw a early/mid 90's BMW 3 series convertible, haha, and the front of the car was BRIGHT red, and the rest has faded. that thing needs its bra now! I have a bra for a trans am... that came with the car... its still in my garage, never been installed. :P

Old 03-30-2005, 06:32 PM
2nd Gear

thanks for the input...i think i'm probably going to get the regular leather bra..i can deal with removing it when i wash my car..which really isn't that often because i live in sunny northern cali and i have a duster that keeps my baby clean for several weeks before it needs to wash (especially now that summer's coming)...i don't think they're discontinued from audi, i just stole that picture from the audiusa website last night. the bras are about 130 bucks...does anyone know how much that 3m tape costs? i'm assuming it's precut right?

Quick Reply: bras