Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought my A4 today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Default RE: Bought my A4 today!

12 thou is a great price for that car.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:09 AM
2nd Gear

They offered us a warranty from another company, but we decided to hold of on it now and think about it later down the road.

Got my first CEL, but its cool.

We got to the dealership to take the car home after they finished cleaning it, getting all the papers to the DMV, etc. My mom came along to see the car too. First she made a scene over it not having the owners manual (we are getting hooked up) and then not having the spare key (also getting hooked up). The hooking up had nothing to do with her complaining. So they say that they lost the smog paperwork, so they needed to get it smogged. They just moved into a new building and don't have thier facilities up yet, so we have to go to a local smog shop. On the way, we notice that the gas tank is low, so we get some premium gas for free (dealer's expense). Then we start off again, when my dad noticed the CEL came on. We check the gas cap, but that wasn't it. We got to the smog shop and they said we had a leaky vaccuum hose. They could fix it in 5 mins, but needed to wait for the car to cool since they needed to work close to the intake manifold. So they plugged the leak for now and they are fixing it for free as well as smogging it all at the dealer's expense.

My dad is taking it in to be fixed tomorrow morning and will have it back to me good as new tomorrow.

I didn't get to take pics yet because it was dark by the time I got home from eating dinner, but I should definatly have them by the end of the week.

I took it around the block for my first drive. I'm still getting used to stick, so I stalled twice. The steering felt better than my dad's BMW; I could feel the road alot more. The accel was good, and it rode really smooth. Personally, I like it better than my dad's 540, but it could just be because it is my car.

Cameron

Old 05-03-2005, 05:13 AM
1st Gear

Ha ha thats great you had the same experience that i did. The devil (also known as the CEL) came on on the drive home after i bought my 2000, turns out the FPR line came off. Good times, Prob wont be the last encounter you will have with the devil if your going to mod. Good luck!!

Old 05-03-2005, 05:55 AM
2nd Gear

Actually, I've been thinking really hard about my modding for the A4. Considering that it is probably the nicest car I will own for quite a while, I don't think I want to get into any heavy modding at the risk of hurting it's reliability. I think that I will just get an ECU upgrade from APR and the TT diverter valve.

I might consider brakes at a later date, but after hearing the engine tone, I am satisfied with the sound.

Cameron