Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bottoming Out

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:11 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Bottoming Out

It involves skill and common sense... both of which panzy doesn--
ahhhh fu*k it

Yes.. loud booms and scraping of metal on concrete is not good for your car.
Clearly... smacking your frame against concrete is to be avoided, and I would never even think about asking this question.
you are smacking your frame... the base your car sits on... against heavy concrete blocks... judging by the 'booming' you are apparently getting, I’d guess you're not slowing down to below even 20mph before hitting curbs and stuff... so... uh.. think about it. engine there... so yes.. you're not exactly helping your engine mounts, as tom mentioned; you got an oil pan there. Twist the frame eventually? You’re degrading the frames structural integrity every time you smack it.
Take a straw... lightly try and bend it... how much force does it take to make a kink in the straw?
Same straw... bend again, there is no longer any resistance to your bending is there?
Take your frame, slam it against concrete... put a dent in it. Get the picture?
How about your body panels? That slam loosens the mountings on the body panels.

What else... I’m sure you can think of some others. really... smoking your car against a curb isn't exactly a light matter

Old 05-12-2005, 03:12 AM
Administrator

i was wondering about the booming, your not suppose to crunch like that over a pump unless ur just driving like the speed bump aint there

Old 05-12-2005, 03:31 AM
1st Gear

Tom how big is your skidplate?

Old 05-12-2005, 03:48 AM

sometimes i mis judge the size of the speed bumps. even though i go slow, if i dont angle, it booms. and tom, i doubt your car is lower than mine. although your front spoiler is lower, my frame is car exacty 2 inches from the deck.

and yes for all you bandwagoners, i do know to angle. i just get frustrated cuzz i gotta go so damn slow.

and yes thi i my daily driver. lucky i dont have to drive except to go to school. aghh yes *sigh* having a bad *** car is such a sacrifice!

Old 05-12-2005, 03:55 AM
Administrator

u kno i been really patient wit you and tryin to be understanding Panzy but i had enough your really getting to me man

and ya having a bad *** car is such a sacrifice and someday i hope your car reaches that status

Old 05-12-2005, 05:12 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Panzer Kommander

aghh yes *sigh* having a bad *** car is such a sacrifice!
Yeah, you're CVT is real badass.
2" from the ground?
You can be an idiot and keep doing what you're doing. OR consider a couple things

1. You clearly suck at speed and height judgment (a GREAT candidate for the armed forces) So you should probably just raise the car back up before you destroy it. Not like your CVT is gonna need the racecar stance. Clearly you are sacrificing efficiency for appearance, ricer.

2. Learn to fu*king drive. Seriously, my friend has his probe 2" to the ground IN CANADA, and drives like an assbag. He has never slammed. He's scraped a couple times on ridiculous inclines stock cars would still scrape on. But seriously, this doesn't even need to happen unless you clearly suck. Unless you are considering 60mph slow for curbs and stuff, which I wouldn't put past you.
ORIGINAL: Panzer Kommander

even though i go slow, if i dont angle, it booms.
To some of us this would be a hint...
If your car booms... you should angle. Unfortunately, seeing as you are stuck driving this killer B6 you have to angle for the curbs... or, ask daddy for a new suspension.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Administrator

kinda harsh there Spence
but i guess it had to be done

Old 05-12-2005, 05:34 AM

Obviously, you guys are more concerned about personal attacks than helping out. In any event, angled driveways require me to use the entire inlet and outlet or the car scrapes. this is hard to do and pisses people off. Obviously Tom is the only guy here who has a lowered car. CheckMyVitals is just talking out his McDonald's eatin fat ***.

BTW although its a CVT, it is pretty fast with the chip. And it sounds awesome with the exhaust. unfortunately, i cant afford to make any changes now, as i dont get hand outs from my parents and i live on my own, unlike CheckMy who still nestles his mothers breasts at night.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:39 AM
5th Gear

WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO HELP YOU OUT WITH?? yes, banging your frame against the concrete is detrimental to your car's health...what do you want us to tell you?......uuuuh, slow down. don't bounce over speed bumps. angle your car. check's suggestion is pretty good, raise it up, you obviously can't handle a lowered car.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Administrator

get bags for your car

Quick Reply: Bottoming Out