Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose System in b5....

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Bose System in b5....

[Don't worry, I actually searched first this time]. Was wondering if anyone knew for sure, whether or not there is a factory Subwoofer in the optional [1998] a4 B5 stereo system. I ask because this weekend I will be installing a 4-channel amp and aub and would like to determine the optimal configuration. Many people always insists that there must be some kind of a flat-bed sub in the trunk, but I don't know if that's the case. Lemme know what you know...

AND does anybody have any idea how much it costs to repair the 12-volt outlet/cigarette lighter. There is no power to mine. However, maybe its due to a fuse or something, although I doubt that would be the case because I assume it runs off of the battery power. If anybosy has had it repaired, is it a possible DIY???

Old 11-10-2006, 10:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Bose System in b5....

Don't know for sure. I thought I remembered reading that there is a subwoofer (all bass, no other levels). This would be consistent with other Bose products like you can buy for your home theater. I thought it was tucked away in the trunk or something. Somone else will know for sure, there are plenty of people with aftermarket systems.

Blown fuse is common for the lighter. It does run off of battery power, but that has nothing to do with blowing it out. Always check the fuse first.
As for replacing, I haven't done it in this car. I believe in general it just requires popping off the panel around it and switching it out. Sounds easy, but that doesn't mean you won't spend an hour doing it.

Hope this is of at least some help.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:24 PM
4th Gear

Ive seen bose car systems put the subwoofer on top of the extra tire in the trunk, and ive also seen them behind the back seats headrests...

Old 11-11-2006, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

there is an issue of the Bose system clipping the mids/hi's-
the only way around this is to make sure when you tap the hi pass make sure you tap on the sub side of the Bose system-
- hertz meter on the factory speaker outs will tell you wich is wich- (less ya gotta a manual)-

Good Luck-

Old 11-11-2006, 03:13 AM
5th Gear

the two speakers on the rear deck on cars with bose are 6.5' woofers for lows and mid lows only

Old 11-12-2006, 03:27 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

the two speakers on the rear deck on cars with bose are 6.5' woofers for lows and mid lows only
Correct, and they are expensive...200+ per. Had to replace one of mine and I think the other one is going bad now...if I were you I'd try to stear clear of Bose. Lots better out there.

-T

Old 11-12-2006, 08:57 AM
5th Gear

dude i see them everyday for $65 its only $200 if you bend over and take it in the *** direct from Bose
ORIGINAL: Transverse

Correct, and they are expensive...200+ per. Had to replace one of mine and I think the other one is going bad now...if I were you I'd try to stear clear of Bose. Lots better out there.

-T

Old 11-12-2006, 11:07 AM
5th Gear

dude i see them everyday for $65 its only $200 if you bend over and take it in the *** direct from Bose
haha ya, getting stuff from bose direct is like going to a stealership. they have an insane markup on everything. i get all my bose stuff from best buy cuz i have a friend who works there so he gets everything 5% above cost. you would not believe how cheap you can get their stuff if you have the right connects

Old 11-12-2006, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear

5% over cost on most electronics is insane. Don't even get me started on cables. HDMI for 120$ = bullshit. My bro and his wife used to manage at best buy, its like a 600% markup on that ****. When I was looking for my replacement there was nothing on ebay or any local shop for 2 months..had to dish out the real money. Bestbuy did not carry these speakers (don't know if they do know).

You however are in luck.

EBAY

-T

Old 11-12-2006, 01:55 PM
1st Gear

There is a little seperate amp in there connected to the 6.5"'s, right? I've got a 10 Infinity sub, and a Fosgate 4-channel amp, I'm going to run the infinity sub [obviously], but I want a balanced and clear sound, so I was thinking of running the the 2 front speakers [I believe they're 4.5"'s, in the doors] as the second pair [esp. since the 6.5"s have their own amp]. Do you think it would be a waste to run it on the front speakers which are likely only tweeters for high freq.'s, or that it might make for beeter sound since there will already be to amped subs for lows and mids?

[If I don't do the fronts, then it will have to be the 6.5"s, which I am 90% sure have their own amp. As well, this will all be professionally installed.]