Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose stereo

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Bose stereo

Anyone know how much of a difference the Bose stereo makes over the standard Symphony II? My old car had the stock system and my new one has Bose but won't be here till tuesday.I was just bored and curious.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:50 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Bose stereo

Bose sounds amazing but in reality the fronts need more power, with a bigger amp they are insane but stock they are still really nice

Old 03-01-2007, 05:54 AM
1st Gear

is it possible to add a bigger amp to the fronts?? I know my previous experiences with Bose was that you couldnt add anything like that without replacing the speakers and head unit and everything else in the car. Which is a whole nother box of cookies.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 AM
5th Gear

its a bit time consuming but it can be done with great success... and you dont have to change anything
ORIGINAL: careycj0219

is it possible to add a bigger amp to the fronts?? I know my previous experiences with Bose was that you couldnt add anything like that without replacing the speakers and head unit and everything else in the car. Which is a whole nother box of cookies.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:51 AM
1st Gear

I'm pretty knowledgeable regarding this kind of stuff butdoes anyone have a link on how to do this so i can getpointed in the right direction.I shoule be able to figuremost of it out from there.I still have a nice amp just sitting around in my room from my old nissan so hopefully I'll be able to use that. Thanks guys

Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

bump... Badluckaudi can you give me a point in the right direction as to how to do this?I can't find anything in the forums.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:40 PM
5th Gear

well you need to splice in a set of RCAs behind the headunit first off. then run all your power and remote wires to the amp, then you will need to run new speakerwires from the amp to the speaker locations like in the front doors and back doors... its pretty simple just basicaly bypassing the stock wires and using all new stuff
ORIGINAL: careycj0219

I'm pretty knowledgeable regarding this kind of stuff butdoes anyone have a link on how to do this so i can getpointed in the right direction.I shoule be able to figuremost of it out from there.I still have a nice amp just sitting around in my room from my old nissan so hopefully I'll be able to use that. Thanks guys

Old 03-01-2007, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

got it... but i'll have to replace the Bose speakers as well right? because don't they run at a different impedence?

Old 03-01-2007, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

NO, you don’t have to replace old ones, but make sure they will handle your new amp.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:38 PM
5th Gear

right, im talking about powering the bose speakers with another amp and more power, they get so crips and clear with more power to them its amazing

Quick Reply: Bose stereo