Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Boost issue

hey guys i recently purchased the Speedtuning chip for my 99.5 a4 1.8t FWD. i installed it about a week ago and havnt really been able to drive it alot due to not having insurance on my car. (since im in college). anyways i took it out the first day and saw it was boosting at 10psi. i was alittle upset and figured that it was just the vaccumm lines. (i beleive they were original). i tested them with the tennis ball method and heard a sound of a leak. i also saw a small hole in the piping right after the MAF. i dont beleive that this small hole could have anything to do with it considering it is right near the cone filter. anyways i went ahead and replaced what seems to be like all of the lines. if anyone has a diagram of the vac/boost lines this would be helpful. anyways after replacing the lines, i took it out again today. WOT 3rd gear and still only see 10-11 psi on the gauge. What else can be a cause for my low boost. I have a Baileys DV, new vac lines, glowshift gauge. my brother said it could just be the gauge reading wrong but i dont think so. it has been very accurate on everything else that it reads. vaccum 18-20 hg... stock psi was 7psi. Seems like a very accurate guage. again if anyone has a diagram that would be great. Besides that tho is there Any ideas on why im not boosting 18psi?

Old 12-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Default RE: Boost issue

u shouldnt be boosting more than 16psi without adding more fuel. u'll be running lean and you'll mess up ur engine... i think ur engine is fine since u replaced everything and im sure u put everything back the way it was since the car runs... ur chip might be faulty, i personally wouldnt trust speedtuning ( go apr GIAC, MTM, AMD, REVO). call speedtuning and talk to them they might have sent u a faulty program...good luck, MERRY CHRISTMAS