Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boost gauge options

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 AM
1st Gear
Default boost gauge options

Besides the awe tuning air vent gauge mount what other options are there?

Old 04-06-2007, 04:10 AM
Default RE: boost gauge options

i did a "custom" one and put it on teh steering columb, can't see the screen but it don't work anyways

Old 04-06-2007, 04:21 AM
2nd Gear

APR or you can make your own. there are plenty or companies that sell gauges, but you got to figure out how u want to mount it. u could also mount it in the pilar

Old 04-06-2007, 04:42 AM

yeah u can put it on the pillar, however its not a good idea to do a pillar pod if u have curtain air bags. abd plus its kinda ricey

Old 04-06-2007, 05:00 AM

slightly ricey, but the a-pillar looks the best and is the most logical way to go...imo why cover up your screen or lose ventellation control in the center? i got the a-pillar kit from awe-tuning, they sent me a black housing although i have grey interior, but it blends in with the black dash

Old 04-06-2007, 05:13 AM

y cover the screen cause almost everybodys is f^. if mine worked i woulda put it somewhere else but it dont so

Old 04-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Site Moderator

Its not ricey at all. What is rice imo is the A pillar mount. Thats where all the kids with the civics and cavaliers put their gauges. Steering/vent locaitons are most classy and logical imo. When your boosting 20psi, who cares if you cant see what shitty gas mileage youre getting anyway? Besides, A pillar mounts are a bad idea in most Audis due to the airbag that lies behind them.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:14 AM

oh i was agreeing with you that the a-pillar is slightly ricey..and if your center display doesnt work, by all means cover it up.. i was speaking in general. but yeah, definitely make sure you dont have an air bag so you can quickly rule that out.

but the center console mount still covers up a little of your speedometer and tach which is annoying to me even if it's just the high rpm and low speed range. i guess center vent is alrite because i hate having unequal air amount for me and my shotgun. but it would seem like it would be a lot more difficult to read accurately because it is further away and way out of the line of focus when driving.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:23 AM
3rd Gear

dude i wanna see a total custom job, screw the steering wheel and the air vent spots. If i had a 1.8 I would take out my ash tray and make a sick custom setup right there. maybe even put them in whole middle spot where your cd player is, but you would need a custom deck thats not too tall and runs horizontally to have enough room for gauges there as well... i wouldnt be able to do that cuz of my 7" flush mounted dvd/navi but still it would be sick if i still had my old stero setup with just a cd player...

lets go people, get original, theres too many 1.8's out there now a days, you really need to do some work to make yours stand out.

audis are amazing, i love you all.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:23 PM

actually when your sitting back in your seat the steering columb gauge dosn't cover any of the tach or spedo

Quick Reply: boost gauge options