Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost gauge failure or am i chipped? *Update*

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 06:29 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Boost gauge failure or am i chipped?

i wouldnt trust any of those hillbillies at autozone here with my stuff

Old 06-01-2006, 11:26 AM
2nd Gear

Go to Autozone. All they will do is give you the code, then you come on here and post it. We will tell you what to check.

The spot you plugged it in is fine, it should read 20hg when idle, so right there you are having an issue. Does your guage read 0 when you turn off the car?

Old 06-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

You gauge should not be CONNECTED TO front line by grill. It will read 10-14 for vac pressure

It has to be connect to closest one by windshield. Will read 19-21 for vac pressure
Sorry dude you are wrong on that.. Hooking it up to the vac line on the front of the intake is the most convienient and reliable place to put it. Some people have had vaccuum issues by hooking it up where you are talking about. (which might be the reason you yourself are having off vaccuum #'s as you posted about before.) You should do it the way APR's instructions say from their website. Mine and many others is conncected to the vac line on the intake mani and have ~20 vac. Here's the link for the way it should be donefollow the link to the Boost gauge pod installation under A4) http://goapr.com/Audi/support/index.html

You can get your car scanned, but its likely that you have hooked it up wrong. Youll have to get hooked up to a scanner to reset the cel anyway though. You can buy a scanner that reads and clears codes for $70 or less on ebay. But with vag com (can get it at www.ross-tech.com ) you can do a lot more.

ORIGINAL: ejc317

i wouldnt trust any of those hillbillies at autozone here with my stuff
They might be hillbillies, but theyd have to be retarded to screw up plugging in a scanner.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:30 PM

totally agree the biggest problem it the TP sensor (throttle position sensor) it plays havoc with upgrades

Old 06-01-2006, 12:35 PM

if its chipped which I doubt the TP sensor is shot or the wiring/plug connector is the problem, check for clean connections and wiring shorts

Old 06-01-2006, 12:38 PM
2nd Gear

Have you tried the TB adaptation? It seems that when my car is acting up doing weird things, doing a TB adaptaion solves all.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:43 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: north5995

Go to Autozone. All they will do is give you the code, then you come on here and post it. We will tell you what to check.

The spot you plugged it in is fine, it should read 20hg when idle, so right there you are having an issue. Does your guage read 0 when you turn off the car?
No, it reads 2-3 psi when i turn off the car...

Old 06-02-2006, 04:28 AM
5th Gear

lol then i would say something is fucked with the guage...... send it back

Old 06-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

lol then i would say something is fucked with the guage...... send it back
either that or its just a really aggressive chip!!

Old 06-02-2006, 03:52 PM
2nd Gear

Well if you guage reads 2-3 when the car is off, then your guage is screwed up and isn't accurate. Some guages have the ability to be reset, others do not.

If you got it second hand, you are probably SOL. If you bought it new, call the place you got it from and let them know.

Quick Reply: Boost gauge failure or am i chipped? *Update*