Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body repair and Painting ?'s PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 11:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Body repair and Painting ?'s PICS!

Okay so here is my situation. A big brick wall ran into the corner of my car (or i was going sooo fast i got a "speed dent") and I had to fix it and the bodyshop I went quoted me a bs price of 511$. So I am doing it my self.

So I have bondo'd it and sanded it down so that it matches up good enough for me. I am now ready for painting it, and don't say I should just try to blend it, I'm repainting the whole bumper(for practice, if it works il repaint my door with peeling clear-coat). Its a 2001 a4tq(tip). From here on out I have no idea what to do.

I've read some things about it but I need to know what do I paint on it, and how many coats. My dad has a HVLP (high velocity low pressure) paint sprayer that I will be using. Here is what I think I know(haha): take bumper off and hang it from some strings, because i want to get all crevices. then I should sand it with some 350 or so grit sandpaper so the paint (still dont know what to put on it) will stick. Do I need primer, color paint, and then clear-coat.
HOW do I remove my Bumper !!!!!!

I will be going to Denfeld Paints tommorow, I called them and they said "yes we have auto paints and we can find the paint for your audi "brilliant black" so okay. Will this paint be okay?

What paints do I need to do a good job, and how many coats of each paint? Sanding inbetween? Put some paints on in heavier wetter coats than others?

Thanks for all of the help from various members of the forum. You guys have helped me out a lot.
ps: (if you remember the sub and amp thread from like 4 months ago, i got it installed and it works deliciously, thanks to all of you.)

Also, I read somewhere about painting thick primer on the lowers, I think with a brush, then sand it down to get rid of that injection molding texture. Will someone expand on this as well

for full resolution photos:
http://thesellgrens.com/IMG_2414.JPG
http://thesellgrens.com/IMG_2415.JPG