Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW beats us again

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Administrator
Default RE: BMW beats us again

idrive sucks too confusing i heard
i heard audis system was less annoying then Mbenz and BMWs systems

Old 06-18-2005, 06:12 AM

my mom has teh new a6 and it has the MMI. Its very easy comapred to the idrive (we test drove the 5, 6 and 7 over the years all with idrive). The main difference is that the ac, volume have there own ***** but go to one screen where as the idrive is one **** for everything. I haev driven alot of BMWs and i think that teh only thing that really sucks on audis stock is there tranhy and clutch. I think if they had a shorther throw and a way better clutch it would help that 0-60 time a ton.

Old 06-18-2005, 06:53 AM
18T
4th Gear

arent bmw's assembled in mexico? i would never trust something liek that. INGOLSTAD OR NOTHING

Old 06-18-2005, 08:25 AM
1st Gear

' to our eyes, is more attractive.' This is clearly coming from an objective comparison, everyone has a point of view, dont pay attention to people testing cars where they clearly like one car more than another.
BMW more attractive???? y sure
Not even a single word in that article about quattro four-wheel-drive superiority, someone ask them which car of those 2 can be driven safely in extreme conditions at top speeds.
108,000 readers of Auto Motor und Sport voted and gave audi models A3, A4, A6, A8 the bigest score against their competitors in each category, this is more than enouph for me for any comparisons.

Old 06-18-2005, 01:00 PM
5th Gear

I am a BMW fan, I dont think they either brand is much superior to the other... but BMW's are a different type of car, definately more performance oriented. I also think they did a fantastic job on the 3 series... it has been a great looking car (from the outside) since 99. But yes, it is stupid that they compared the 2.0T to a 255 hp V6...

I was shocked to learn that the V6 B7 is automatic only.

Old 06-18-2005, 01:10 PM

It all depends what you buy the car for. I'm big into interior design and comfort. Audi has BMW beat in that category. BMW is a nice car but I'll still take the AUDI anyday.

Old 06-18-2005, 01:12 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

Would have been nice if they hadn't been comparing apples to oranges. A V6 up against a 2.0t?! Come on.
BMWs are straight sixes.

Old 06-18-2005, 01:21 PM
6th Gear

[quote]ORIGINAL: CRAZYHAWK

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

BMWs are straight sixes.
Opps! Thanks.

Old 06-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Maybe they should have said BMW give us the sportiest version of your 325... instead of sportiest version of the 3 series.

or how about Audi give us the sportiest version of your 4 series (LOL) and we could have handed them an S4 that would have been apples to apples.. right?

Old 06-19-2005, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

hmm hard call the new 3 series is on another level as far as design, the quattro is the top plus on my list, the new vw and audi fronts are moving out of my taste range in appearance though. i rarely take whole heartedly anything critics say on comparision of cars without a large grain of salt if i did then consumer reports would have made me not buy my audi they say its one of the most unreliable cars in production and they also went ahead in saying that the chevy astro van was a worthy pick wtf! (not a direct qoute). out of curiosity what is the food chain on german cars... for instance toyota and honda are below lexus and acura, cadillac takes chevy etc. i would assume its something like mercedes, porsche, bmw, audi then vw.

Quick Reply: BMW beats us again