Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth and iPod add on to 2006 A4

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Default Bluetooth and iPod add on to 2006 A4

I've just returned from picking up my new A4, and already have some regrets. The salesman thought that the car had the technology package which included bluetooth, but, what it came to show me the features, it turned out that it had the technology package without bluetooth. As bluetooth was on my list of reasons for buying a new car (albeit, it was far from the only one), I was quite miffed.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with adding bluetooth to this setup? Since, IIRC, the technology packages include the nav system, I assume that would be redundant to point out that I have that. But, there it is.

FWIW, iPod integration was also one of my reasons for purchasing a new car, and, even though I have the SD card add on, which is nice, I'd still like to investigate installing an iPod adapter to the/in place of the glvoe compartment CD changer.

Finally, does anyone know whether the audi SD reader has any problems with 2gig SD cards? Mine brand new, and otherwise pretty much never used one, didn't work, but I'm not confident that the problem doesn't lay with the card itself.

Thanks

Old 02-11-2006, 11:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bluetooth and iPod add on to 2006 A4

They do have an ipod adapter which replaces the stock changer, or you have the option of Phatnoise PhatBox Digital Media Player which has a 20gig capacity. You can purchase one on ebay for as little as $160 plus shipping.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:29 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: dubl59zy

I've just returned from picking up my new A4, and already have some regrets. The salesman thought that the car had the technology package which included bluetooth, but, what it came to show me the features, it turned out that it had the technology package without bluetooth. As bluetooth was on my list of reasons for buying a new car (albeit, it was far from the only one), I was quite miffed.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with adding bluetooth to this setup? Since, IIRC, the technology packages include the nav system, I assume that would be redundant to point out that I have that. But, there it is.

FWIW, iPod integration was also one of my reasons for purchasing a new car, and, even though I have the SD card add on, which is nice, I'd still like to investigate installing an iPod adapter to the/in place of the glvoe compartment CD changer.

Finally, does anyone know whether the audi SD reader has any problems with 2gig SD cards? Mine brand new, and otherwise pretty much never used one, didn't work, but I'm not confident that the problem doesn't lay with the card itself.

Thanks

Not too many B7's on this forum man..

You're better off checkin out www.audizine.com for questions like that in the B7 forum

Old 02-12-2006, 12:36 AM
dan
2nd Gear

If you get an IceLink, you have the added advantage of being able to retain your Sat radio, CD & in dash changer as well as your ipod.

You need to make your own cable that runs from the back of the HU back to the sat radio hookup, but its pretty easy and can be done in such a way that you don't even need to rip out your entire interior to run the cable.

http://forums.audiworld.com/audio/msgs/49890.phtml

Old 02-12-2006, 03:43 PM

Who is "they". you mean Audi?

Old 02-13-2006, 12:14 AM
6th Gear

Bluetooth can be added to your car easily with the factory solution. Check out www.navplus.us they have tutorials and writeups.

You can use up to 4 gig SD cards. Check out navplus again for reviews.

Audi has an OEM Ipod adapter that plugs into the changer. You can also rig up the changer so you can use the ipod and the changer both. Again...navplus