Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Blow off valve

ORIGINAL: NuYorka103185

ORIGINAL: unorthodoxa4

ORIGINAL: nickellis14

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT A CAR THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN F-ING RICER!!!!!???????

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM EEEEEE!!!!!!!!
this is retarded, BOV's are fine for some cars, and do enhance performance, like in the case of my dads mazdaspeed mx5. from what i hear they arent the best idea on a4's though. OP, you wont hear the BOV anyway, you dont remove your foot from the gas to shift, so when you spike and build boost it will most likely blow off air at random, which, if im not mistaken, will hinder performance as you could be potentially losing boost under acceleration....correct me if im wrong anyone
NO NO NO it will no blow off at random, only when the gas is depressed. It will never blow off at random. I get really tired of this game.
i didnt really mean random, but when the boost pressure builds up in an automatic car, when does it "blow off"? wouldnt it have to release air at a certain point, and couldnt that point potentially be under acceleration?

Old 05-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Site Moderator

this is retarded, BOV's are fine for some cars, and do enhance performance, like in the case of my dads mazdaspeed mx5. from what i hear they arent the best idea on a4's though. OP, you wont hear the BOV anyway, you dont remove your foot from the gas to shift, so when you spike and build boost it will most likely blow off air at random, which, if im not mistaken, will hinder performance as you could be potentially losing boost under acceleration....correct me if im wrong anyone
NO NO NO it will no blow off at random, only when the gas is depressed. It will never blow off at random. I get really tired of this game.
i didnt really mean random, but when the boost pressure builds up in an automatic car, when does it "blow off"? wouldnt it have to release air at a certain point, and couldnt that point potentially be under acceleration?
No. The air pressure is released when you let off the gas. You want it to hold air pressure (boost) while accelerating.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:08 PM
2nd Gear

No,ONLY when you let off the gas

Old 05-10-2007, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

ok....like, 5 things here...first of all, read the original post. this kid wants it so he can make noise. PAY ATTENTION. second of all, if your BOV is shooting off "at random" something is very very very VERY wrong. it blows of when you release the gas. it can bleed boost if you want it to....but why the F would you ever want to do that? you have waste gates for that...plus, more boost is the goal, not less. a BOV more than likely WILL hinder performance, simply because of the fact that theses cars are built to run with 100% recirc from your DV, so blowing off to atmosphere makes you lose air that should be going into your intake, which will, in turn, PROBABLY fool with your computer and throw you a CEL.

AND SOUNDING LIKE A RICER IS STILL LAAAAAAAAAAME! why would you buy a $35g luxury car and try to make it sound like a $13g honda? the fast and the furious is the WORST thing that has happened to tuning EVER. all of these idiots see this movie, and think, HEY, I want a car that makes a really loud PSHH noise. the PSH is POINTLESS!!!!!!! it DOES NOT give you better performance. period. being able to sustain higher boost for a larger range of RPM's gives you better performance. thats why people should upgrade their DV's, not for a dumb f-ing noise! PLUS, and this might be the MOST important thing, YOU CAN HEAR THE PSSSH WITH A DV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAARGH! this is all so dumb I want to pull my hair out.

aaaaaaaand now I will step down from my soap box....
thanks.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm make believe

whats up your a$$? feel any better? Plus not all you said was true and/or accurate.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

whats up your a$$? feel any better? Plus not all you said was true and/or accurate.
I do feel much better because people who don't have a CLUE trying to burn me in an open forum is just dumb.
why don't you explain to me what wasn't true and/or accurate.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear

^^^ no??? nothin???

Old 05-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm make believe

ok....like, 5 things here...first of all, read the original post - duh, we all gathered that, what else is new about someone wanting a bov?. this kid wants it so he can make noise. PAY ATTENTION - we have, why you bitchin?. second of all, if your BOV is shooting off "at random" something is very very very VERY wrong. it blows of when you release the gas that was a confusion between people talking about a auto. it can bleed boost if you want it to....but why the F would you ever want to do that? you have waste gates for that...plus, more boost is the goal, not less. a BOV more than likely WILL hinder performance I didnt lose any, and i bet the others running 300.400, and 500hp with chip tuning have had any problems either, simply because of the fact that theses cars are built to run with 100% recirc from your DV, so blowing off to atmosphere makes you lose air that should be going into your intake thats why for the 403rd time, YOU NEED ONE THAT IS CLOSED AT IDLE, which will, in turn, PROBABLY fool with your computer and throw you a CEL I never got one in the many months i was running one, also people have been running bovs for years with no cel's or loss of performance..

AND SOUNDING LIKE A RICER IS STILL LAAAAAAAAAAME! - once again "ricer" is used as a blanket statement for anything YOU dont like why would you buy a $35g luxury car and try to make it sound like a $13g honda? -because90% of the peopleon thisforum didnt buy thier car new. Also it is a personal preferance. Why do you think so many people are interested in the splitter and in putting cai on their car? Its deffinatly notforthe ~1-2hp that the caiprovides. the fast and the furious is the WORST thing that has happened to tuning EVER how so? it increased the tuner market and the number of tuners exponantionally. all of these idiots see this movie, and think, HEY, I want a car that makes a really loud PSHH noise . the PSH is POINTLESS!!!!!!! it DOES NOT give you better performance once again, preferace.. period. being able to sustain higher boost for a larger range of RPM's gives you better performance thats increasing wastegate tension/ a boost controllers job, not a dv/bov. thats why people should upgrade their DV's, not for a dumb f-ing noise! people upgrade becuase the stock valve can not hold the extra boost and leak or have torn.Thus negating your previous statement PLUS, and this might be the MOST important thing, YOU CAN HEAR THE PSSSH WITH A DV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So making noise is not "rice", its the dB level? So is a hybrid as loud as your lordship would let the audi crowd go?

AAAAAAAARGH! this is all so dumb I want to pull my hair out. Assuming you still have some

aaaaaaaand now I will step down from my soap box....
thanks.

There you go!

Old 05-10-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm make believe

^^^ no??? nothin???
sorry it takes a little time, you made a lot of stupid statements/remarks.

oh yeah, EXPERIENCE > myths

Old 05-10-2007, 05:40 PM

I WANNA SAY THINGS TOO. STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF! STUFF!

Quick Reply: Blow off valve