Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Default RE: Blow off valve

Awwwww look how cute he is with his 1 post. Goochie Goochie Goo.........Goochie Goochie Goo
[/quote]
You like that huh

Old 05-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: NuYorka103185
You are gonnahold more boost with full recirculation anyway.
Youre wrong on that. A BOV and DV work in the same way when boosting. When you let off the gas, or the engine is just idling/no boost iswhere the difference is in how they operate.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: unorthodoxa4

ORIGINAL: nickellis14

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT A CAR THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN F-ING RICER!!!!!???????

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM EEEEEE!!!!!!!!
this is retarded, BOV's are fine for some cars, and do enhance performance, like in the case of my dads mazdaspeed mx5. from what i hear they arent the best idea on a4's though. OP, you wont hear the BOV anyway, you dont remove your foot from the gas to shift, so when you spike and build boost it will most likely blow off air at random, which, if im not mistaken, will hinder performance as you could be potentially losing boost under acceleration....correct me if im wrong anyone
NO NO NO it will no blow off at random, only when the gas is depressed. It will never blow off at random. I get really tired of this game.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Zombie Defense Force

gahh this thread is a weath of miss imformation

Old 05-10-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Jeff

gahh this thread is a weath of miss imformation
Ya think? Thats why the lemmings pic seems to fit well.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Site Moderator

*sigh*

00+ A4's have a MAP sensor on the intercooler in addition to the MAF sensor, which is why they don't have an issues with BOV's. For pre-001.8t's, the engine management only had the MAF sensor readings.

BOV and DV are the same thing. The only difference is where the extra air goes.

The DV/BOV does not go off randomly. By design they only release air when there is a pressure differential between the air pressure in the intake manifold and the charge air from the intake piping. If your DV/BOV is going off randomly it either has a leak or has the incorrect spring size/tension.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: NuYorka103185
You are gonnahold more boost with full recirculation anyway.
Youre wrong on that. A BOV and DV work in the same way when boosting. When you let off the gas, or the engine is just idling/no boost iswhere the difference is in how they operate.
adding, the valve is what holds the boost, not were its going. Thats like saying a stock 710 will hold more boost than a hks ssqv thats vta.

Also most valves dv/bov stay open at idle, and for the 400th time the bov for a 1.8t must be closed at idle and you will run fine..

Old 05-10-2007, 02:52 PM
3rd Gear

Jeff you are correct. I was simply trying to reiterate that when running a MAFless configuration (such as 034 SEM) you can run a BOV. When running your tune with a MAF you will need a DV

*EDIT* cincyTT, YGPM

Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: badassb5

Jeff you are correct. I was simply trying to reiterate that when running a MAFless configuration (such as 034 SEM) you can run a BOV. When running your tune with a MAF you will need a DV
Running a sem you can run ANY bov, thats why you need a bov that stays closed at idle for a MAF'ed car.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
3rd Gear

Right.... I think you might have misunderstood my first post in this thread

Quick Reply: Blow off valve