Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:52 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Blow off valve

ok cincy, you really need to stop saying I'm ignorant, because you and i both know that is not true.

I apologize, but I've never heard of anyone's stock DV going on a car that has less than 140 k miles on it. I don't think that is the same, just my opinion. If they have on other people's cars, then ok, that is the case. I'm not bashing anyone except unorthadox because he doesn't know what he's talking about, yet has the ***** to call me stupid. if i offended you then I apologize. that wasn't the point. i disagreed with your statements.

now tell me honestly, and don't answer how I know you're going to because you think it would make me look wrong. would you personally ever chip your car and add significant boost without an aftermarket DV?

Old 05-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: nickellis14

would you personally ever chip your car and add significant boost without an aftermarket DV?
Nope. I recommend an aftermarket dv with every chip.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm make believe

I run 18-20psi daily. I have run, dv (stock and turboxs H34), bov (forge 004 see gallery), and currentlya hybrid (forge splitter) that patty sent me to run and give my opinion on (also in sig).

My stock was fine at handling the psi, but i swapped it to the H34 anyways. When i wanted to clean up my engine bay and wanted to move the valve where it is suppose to be (near the tb) i needed a bov. I have run one for many months and like i said earlier, the only reason i dont run it anymore is because i got the splitter for free to run.

My beef is when people come on here making blanket statements like "no bov" or :"ricer" that are so wrong its laughable. People on here should be able to express their opinions, like you have, BUT only after they have given the CORRECT information.

Finally the word "ricer" is overused and vague. It makes anyone who says it seem ignorant and under educated. Vortex has long since made it where if you post ricer, you get *****. With how overused it is, i am starting to hope AF will institute the block also.

** one last thing supras run a bypass valve, aka dv pic here

Old 05-11-2007, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

not gonna argue semantics as far as the difference between a BOV and DV because quite frankly, it doesn't matter. at no point in time did I ever say that people should not use BOV's though. I don't really care. people can do what they want. My advice was, don't get a BOV because you like the sound it makes. that is a dumb reason IMO. I'm sorry you don't like the term ricer. I don't believe that any if the information that I gave on this post was incorrect. the post about higher and sustained boost, well, my point was, having higher modded sustained boost should be the reason that you replace your DV, not noise. I am aware that a DV has nothing to do with your boost numbers, I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. baconbait recommends an aftermarket DV with upped boost, and so do i. if you don't, fine, your opinion. that doesn't mean I'm wrong. the forge splitter is tight, and I've read that entire thread before, and have seriously considered getting one. unfortunately I made the bad decision of living in downtown boston, so all of my money goes to rent, and I cant afford one at this point.

my point is this. I got heated because some noob with no clue started talking $hit. I'm not gonna stand there and look like an *** cuz some kid who has no clue what he's talking about disagrees with me. I'm sure you'd react in a similar fashion if someone were saying you were dumb when they don't know their *** from their elbow. thats all.

BOV'S FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2007, 03:45 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: nickellis14

ok cincy, you really need to stop saying I'm ignorant, because you and i both know that is not true.

I apologize, but I've never heard of anyone's stock DV going on a car that has less than 140 k miles on it. I don't think that is the same, just my opinion. If they have on other people's cars, then ok, that is the case. I'm not bashing anyone except unorthadox because he doesn't know what he's talking about, yet has the ***** to call me stupid. if i offended you then I apologize. that wasn't the point. i disagreed with your statements.

now tell me honestly, and don't answer how I know you're going to because you think it would make me look wrong. would you personally ever chip your car and add significant boost without an aftermarket DV?
I have 85K miles on my car and it is completly stock engine wise and my DV (yes the stock DV) went out on me. I had a bad vacuum leak and my boost was falling off really early so i decided to replace all my vac lines and it didn't fix it. So i decided to upgrade the DV (I am plannin on chipping sometime here soon) so I got a Forge 007. And it fixed all my problems! So yes, here is an example of a stock DV on a stock car going out before 140K miles.

Josh

P.S.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:51 PM
1st Gear

read the post.

"If they have on other people's cars, then ok, that is the case."

thanks for the input though.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:53 PM
4th Gear

I did. I was just giving a real example since I hadn't seen anyone else give one.

Josh

Old 05-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm make believe

Now you have heard first hand, not second. That was his point.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

My friend has a 2002 VW Passat 1.8T auto/tiptronic, and upgraded the turbo and he put in a blow off valve in it. It sounds and runs AWSOME!!! So its totally cool toput oneunder the hood.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

yeah, that's why I thanked him. i wasn't being sarcastic. I was taking you at your word that it had happened though.

Quick Reply: Blow off valve