Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off Valve?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Default RE: Blow off Valve?

carburated?

Old 01-30-2005, 03:43 PM
4th Gear

That or one of these, The flying toilet.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:36 PM
2nd Gear

wow, guys I didnt know starting this trend would make it a BOV war....it stops here! no more...thanks to your immature argueing I have no clue wheter to get a BOV, or a high performance DV. So for now screw it, because no ones helped me....thanks

Old 01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default New to this world

Hi, i'm kinda new to all this modification stuff, so i would like to find out few things to help me make my car faster. I have a 2001 a4 1.8T Sport Package and i was thinking about starting off with BOV and Intake manifold, but i would like to hear ur comments on what should i do, this is my first turbo car i've had a4 2.8 before this one so i dont know much bout upgrading 1.8's. Thanks a lot

Old 01-31-2005, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

If you want to overtime cause problems on your vehicle and sound cool (to some) get a BOV.

If you want to retain the performance and reliability of your car get a DV like Forge 006/007, Bailey Motorsport DV30, or the HyperBoost HX. Even the Audi TT DV 710N is a step up from stock.

From what I have read I can not suggest you get a BOV for your Audi. I'm sure there are people running BOV on the A4 with no problems, but I have read enough about it to know I am not going to run a BOV. But I do plan on getting the Forge 006 and running it in reverse as the spring side holds more boost. I also have an after market intake kit (K&N 57i) and you can hear the sounds. Hope this helps.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:17 PM
6th Gear

oh for the love of god!!!! Stop the insanity!!!

Old 01-31-2005, 09:44 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: D4rw1n

If you want to overtime cause problems on your vehicle and sound cool (to some) get a BOV.

If you want to retain the performance and reliability of your car get a DV like Forge 006/007, Bailey Motorsport DV30, or the HyperBoost HX. Even the Audi TT DV 710N is a step up from stock.

From what I have read I can not suggest you get a BOV for your Audi. I'm sure there are people running BOV on the A4 with no problems, but I have read enough about it to know I am not going to run a BOV. But I do plan on getting the Forge 006 and running it in reverse as the spring side holds more boost. I also have an after market intake kit (K&N 57i) and you can hear the sounds. Hope this helps.
I agree.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:02 AM
4th Gear

It all depends on the application of the vehichle, thats what it comes down too. Stock cars its retarded to run one on, if you have a big turbo and pushing some real psi then maybe consider one with the right setup.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:34 AM

its all personal preference. theres strong arguments on both sides. one side says it makes your car run rich. the other side says richer is better.

i will forever run a BOV and will continue to answer questions that any newB asks. I speak with no authority on the DV since i have never run one. i have never attacked the DV. so i would appreciate it if you guys would give me the same curtisy. if youve had a bad experience with a BOV share it. if not, shut it the hell up

Old 02-01-2005, 04:55 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

It all depends on the application of the vehichle, thats what it comes down too. Stock cars its retarded to run one on, if you have a big turbo and pushing some real psi then maybe consider one with the right setup.
here's my vote.
theory: audi designed the car THIS way, so the DV works without upgrading. BUT, should you upgrade, then you are obviously injecting more air than the car was originally designed to take, therefore maximising the air capacity of the engine, thus recycling the air is not required (BOV). But, should you say... follow this with an upgrade of exhaust (just for argument sake), then POSSIBLY the car could benefit from a DV, should the engine now have more capacity for air intake... so...my suggestion?
a) hell of a lot of research into cars with your exact upgrades (or what you plan on) look for dynos of some with a BOV, some with a DV
b) buy both, test them yourself. as hte mods change, change btw BOV and DV, depending what the dyno and your driving experience tells you

Quick Reply: Blow off Valve?