Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off Valve?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 04:41 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Blow off Valve?

He's a sellout because he doesn't believe in rice mods? What do those other car forums have to do with Audi's?? Just give it up man.

Here's a good read for anyone who's interested in DV's.

http://dv.mistertam.com/

Old 01-29-2005, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: GRKA4

jesus guys chill out...

all those interested in a BOV just get a god damn DV, it is better for your engine. As stated above BOVs make your engine run RICH, that is bad. DV completely recycle boost pressure BACK into the intake. Get a DV NOT a BOV!
you evr run a bov? how do you know it makes your car run rich? on mine i have a a/f ration and it makes it run leaner which is better for performance

Old 01-29-2005, 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

He's a sellout because he doesn't believe in rice mods? What do those other car forums have to do with Audi's?? Just give it up man.

Here's a good read for anyone who's interested in DV's.

http://dv.mistertam.com/

put a dv on your car.

i got news for ya. he omd me and he just bought a greddy bov today

on the other forums remark. so are audis the only ones that a bov has a negative effect on?

Old 01-29-2005, 04:46 PM
6th Gear

Care to explain how venting the gas to the atmosphere and not your intake would make your car more lean? You also have many other mods which makes your car non-comparable to others who probably only have been chipped.

Old 01-29-2005, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

Care to explain how venting the gas to the atmosphere and not your intake would make your car more lean? You also have many other mods which makes your car non-comparable to others who probably only have been chipped.

the maf picks up that there is not as much air as it thought there was and changes the fuel mixture. mustang mafs are smart like that

Old 01-29-2005, 04:50 PM
6th Gear

Frankly I don't care if he puts a BOV on his car. I would just like to make sure he knows the risks and so that everyone else does too. You go around telling everyone that a BOV is the best thing for an audi, which is fiction. I guess the majority of Audi owners on Audiworld/Audizine are wrong about BOV's. I forgot that you had run scientific tests to prove the validity of your claims.

Old 01-29-2005, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

"A diverter valve (DV) is a pathway for boost when it is not being used by your engine. Whenever the throttle body is closed, like during shifts or deceleration, the boost needs an escape route. If the boost cannot escape during these times, it can back up and cause shocks to the turbo. These shocks will stall the turbo, slowing boost production upon re-acceleration (turbo lag). Even worse, these shocks can cause damage to the turbo. The diverter valve's job is to open when the throttle body is closing or closed, and reroute the boost to the low pressure intake side of the turbo, where it can do no harm."

Straight from AWE.

Secondly, thats fine if he bought a BOV sometimes they make the car run rich if you do not know how to tune it. In the long run it may be safer to run a DV

Old 01-29-2005, 04:54 PM
2nd Gear

Good, now he can run rich like you. Maybe they don't run DV's or BPV's if you heard of those on supras, 300z, evo's and sti's but we are talking about AUDI'sfool. This **** gets old after a while, same question same answers. Well he did end up searching on AW and found the right answers, not from DICK MOTORSPORT company. You must have never researched anything when you modded your car or even peeped into AW.

sell out. go ask the same question on supraforums.com or evilrotary.com or zforum.com and see what answers you get for asking which dv to buy
We have Audi's.

Old 01-29-2005, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: trailboss

Good, now he can run rich like you. Maybe they don't run DV's or BPV's if you heard of those on supras, 300z, evo's and sti's but we are talking about AUDI'sfool. This **** gets old after a while, same question same answers. Well he did end up searching on AW and found the right answers, not from DICK MOTORSPORT company. You must have never researched anything when you modded your car or even peeped into AW.

sell out. go ask the same question on supraforums.com or evilrotary.com or zforum.com and see what answers you get for asking which dv to buy
We have Audi's.

Watich it bitch i got 4 cars runing bov that could spank the hell out of your audi and all the other cars running bov could also spank the hell out of your audi.

if you read before i run leaner with the bov(s)

and i already said it before. are audis the only ones the a bov has a negative effect on?

and yes i have conducted scientific reasearch and a bov proved better for all the cars. a dv was not able to keep the boost from surgeing on the compressor. and yes i have 4 cars that could also spank the AW cars. and what makes your precious aw such a wonderful reference?

so insult me and my company all you want just remember cash rules ebverything around us and im swimmin in it and runin 12 sec 1/4 mile times all day long with no overheating or compressor surge. have you broken the 16 sec mark yet? or broken the 65 mph trap times?

i have already informed him on the potential risk but i have also told him how to eliminate that risk all together with the aaddition of a <1c zip tie. so go back to your masturbation session and leave me the **** alone.

Old 01-29-2005, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear

Again, typical fu**in ricer. Boils down to a race, whats the matter just get done watching 2 fast 2 furious. Your awsome man, you like succeded in life you have a 12 sec car, you deserve a cookie. Go onto the other forums and stay for a while, you wouldn't last 2 days. It's sad this guy is a moderator.
and yes i have conducted scientific reasearch
You do this reasearch in your labratory, LOL.

Quick Reply: Blow off Valve?