Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off Valve?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Default RE: Blow off Valve?

any of them work. there universal

i would like to hear a baileys with an aftermarket intake if anybody has a sound clip

Old 01-28-2005, 01:01 AM
2nd Gear

that would be awsome, Does any body have a sound clip?

King_D...........can I just buy a universal blowoff valve and have it installed...if not..what else do I need? what blow off valve do you suggest?

Old 01-28-2005, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

What I meant was the DV30 is a Re-circulating Piston Dump Valve. The other models are just Dump Valves (or their term for Blow off valve.). I was under the impression the 1.8T engine does not work well with a regular blow off valve due to the MAF sensor causing the engine to run lean when it doesn't get the re-circulated air from the DV (Diverter Valve). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:06 AM
4th Gear

AUDI05, i didnt see were under warrenty. If it were me i would get the bov and if u had any probs switch it out with the dv and take it to the dealer and be like dude my cars messed up and i want it fixed.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: AUDI05

that would be awsome, Does any body have a sound clip?

King_D...........can I just buy a universal blowoff valve and have it installed...if not..what else do I need? what blow off valve do you suggest?

how much boost are you gonna run? how loud do you want it? do you want a chosssshhhhh or a screaching bird sound. (My bov sounds like a screaching bird. its the HKS SSQ it was 314 then i had to have it welded since it was aluminum. if you want turbo xs makes kits for the A4. you can get the type-s if you plan on running stock boost or you can run the type-h if you are gonna run up to 18 psi of boost or you can get the type rfl (its supposed to be the loudest bov, but the db levels depend on the amount of boost being ran. the rfl sounds really bad at high boost. it sounds like a facuet opening up. i would recommend the greddy type s it in my opinion sounds the best for lower boost levels. and it can be installed by any performance shop.

AB have you considered a BOV? at your levels right now a bov would see some pros and since you have a new engine you would have no problems with the maf or 02 sensors or cat. it takes about 12000 miles of bov use to foul a o2 sensor.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:19 AM

BTW me and king_d are one and the same

buy your BOV at www.overbooststore.com they have the best customer service. and if you decide within a month that you dont like the sound that the bovs make you can return it and swap it for another one untill you do

one more thing ab. if you get the greddy type s and decide you want a dv greddy has a recirculating kit and greddy makes killer products. just think 1000 hp cars use greddy type r bov

Old 01-28-2005, 01:28 AM
4th Gear

I might try one at some point. Its just i dont want to do anything in any way to screw this motor up cuz its the last one. There are other things i would like to do before this. My ko4 is pretty loud as it is, i think it would be annoying to hear it after a while, but it would be intimidating at a stoplight. I want to get some nice lightweights, I want to put more under the hood but i think theres enough under there for now.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:32 AM
4th Gear

I would really like someone to develope a hybrid dv/bov that worked extremely well, one that really did send air back through so im not loosing those 1 to 3 hp.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:38 AM

ypu dont lose any hp with a bov. not if your running over 14 psi of boost. the reason you "lose" hp is because at low boost the spring stays open for a longer time because of the lower boost. believe me theres nothing that sounds sweeter than a BOV. well maybe except. "OHH OHHHH OH DAVID OHHHH OHHHH YESSS YES YES OHHH!!!"

Old 01-28-2005, 01:44 AM
4th Gear

I would never pay over 300 for one tho, can u buy them used and still be good?

Quick Reply: Blow off Valve?