Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off Valve?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:55 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Blow off Valve?

ORIGINAL: sfordeso
theory: audi designed the car THIS way, so the DV works without upgrading. BUT, should you upgrade, then you are obviously injecting more air than the car was originally designed to take, therefore maximising the air capacity of the engine, thus recycling the air is not required (BOV).
The manufactures of the chip have calculated the fuel mapping with the extra air from the DV in there on the fuel plots. The car is using that extra air and also adding extra fuel to match it. The A/F ratio is determined by the chip. There is simply not just "more air" being thrown in.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:56 PM
4th Gear

Sorry sfordeso, my post was not to you, we posted at the same time and you beat me.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

theory: audi designed the car THIS way, so the DV works without upgrading. BUT, should you upgrade, then you are obviously injecting more air than the car was originally designed to take, therefore maximising the air capacity of the engine, thus recycling the air is not required (BOV).
The manufactures of the chip have calculated the fuel mapping with the extra air from the DV in there on the fuel plots. The car is using that extra air and also adding extra fuel to match it. The A/F ratio is determined by the chip. There is simply not just "more air" being thrown in.
what about a CAI? or even an upgraded turbo?

Old 02-01-2005, 06:57 PM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: David_K
so e-codes are rice. compass mirror and such

and do you not think that my car is cool just cuz i run a bov?

Ahh yes, but everyone thinks both of those are factory! They serve a purpose.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:58 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Sorry sfordeso, my post was not to you, we posted at the same time and you beat me.
lol. s'alright man. i just realized that and edited

Old 02-01-2005, 07:00 PM
6th Gear

what about a CAI? or even an upgraded turbo?
The ECU will adjust as well as it can. The MAF will sense an increase in air, and the ECU will increase the amount of fuel to correct the A/F ratio. There comes a point when the injectors can not keep up though. That's why people upgrade those. If you just throw in a larger turbo, you really won't get any performance out of it, without the software.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
4th Gear

Actully jesty the ecu will adjust to the bov releasing the air, it will sense and make the the changes. I dont think enough to make a HUGE dif but the ecu will learn.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:05 PM

the ecu is smart thats how it was built. yes it takes time (like 2 months) but it wont cause enough damge to destroy o2 sensors or foul the plugs unless the plugs and o2 sensor were getting close to needing replaceing.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:06 PM
6th Gear

Umm the MAF samples the air volume. The DV dumps its air into the intake track AFTER the MAF has already taken its readings. It has already calculated the according fuel plot.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:09 PM

i know the maf takes its readings. the info is sent to the computer then the dv dumps the air. the air that is not picked up by the maf. so all the extra air does is lean out the mxture a little bit

Quick Reply: Blow off Valve?