Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackberry and Phone book issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Default Blackberry and Phone book issues

i have a 2006 A4 with bluetooth - my blackberry links to the bluetooth. for some reason only 6 #'s from my address book have moved over to the Audi - I can scroll thru them on sterring wheel.
any idea how to get the rest of my #'s on the A4??
also I thought i woud try and relink my blackbeery to Audi bluetoothand basically clearing everything in the car address book and resink it like i did day one using the Audi pin # etc- does anyone know how i would do that??
any help would be appeciated...

Old 04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Blackberry and Phone book issues

As a Palm employee and Bluetooth EngineerI can tell you that both the Treo and the Blackberry have issues withall Audi bluetooth kits. Best recommendation is to contact RIM, Blackberry creator, or your service provider and ask for help.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:54 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Blackberry's are notorious for having poor communication with bluetooth devices (I've owned several for years). My TomTom GPS has bluetooth and it gave me the same problem as you, only I managed to get only four contacts onto it, and it wont let me do anything at all. Blame RIM for being a hardline about stuff like that, and they never do anything to correct this obvious flaw.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

It sounds like you guys have the answer to what I am trying to find out... which might also help you!

My problem is the exact opposite... I have so many dam contacts in my blackberry as it sync's with my BES and transfers all my contacts from my outlook automatically... Nearly all the contacts are people I wouldn't call from the car and I was looking to see if there was a way to limit the number of people displayed on the car's system.

I know with other bluetooth devices there is a way to display contacts from one "group" or category... ie. I only want it displaying people in my friends group not my business contacts group... I have not been able to figure out how to do this though.

Do you think for some reason your car is only recognizing contacts in a certain group?? Do you have your address book arranged that way??

Hopefully we can work to solve both our problems!!