Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Audi bodyshop in Ithaca and/or Tompkins County?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Best Audi bodyshop in Ithaca and/or Tompkins County?

Hello, folks, new member here. Not sure whether this post is more appropriate in the NE regional section of the A4 section.

I recently got into a collision during the drive home going about 40 mph as a deer sprinted out from nowhere (at a ridiculously fast speed) in front of my vehicle. The deer caught me blindsighted and as a result the deer was hit. It looked like a female deer with no horns - maybe a fawn but the whole thing happened so quick it was hard for me to tell (it was getting dark as well).

I drove the rest of the 2 minute trip home and inspected the damage - the front grill is cracked and the front end of the hood is bent/dented. Additionally, the hood is pushed inwards towards the engine compartment perhaps a centimeter. I inspected the engine bay and there is no interior damage - even the radiator diffuser was untouched despite the cracking of the grill.

The left front headlight is unharmed but the force of the deer onto the grill/hood pushed the headlight unit about 1 cm out of alignment.

The biggest damage is probably afflicted on the passenger side windshield pillar, where there is a minor dent (perhaps 1 cm deep, circular with 4 cm diameter) on the pillar next to the windshield. When I struck the deer, the deer flew up about 10 feet into the air only to land on this particular spot on the pillar. The windshield itself was not damaged.

I was wondering whether any of you Audi owners here in Ithaca (or the surrounding Tompkins county) have great recommendations on where I should take my vehicle in for the best quality service I should hopefully receive. I've always had horrible experiences with body shops when I had my Honda Civic in the past, where they could never fix anything properly (e.g. leaks, good alignment of panels, etc.).

Thanks in advance for all the help,
Kevin