Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

beat a harley..

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 AM
2nd Gear
Default beat a harley..

well today i was driving on this main road that i usually take to school to go to the store, when i see this motorcycler reving his pipes, acting like he is the ****. i didnt think really anything of it except how he was being a chotch bag. when we pull up the light i rev just a bit, then when it turns green, i put in the clutch and reved it to abuot 4k rpm then i just dropped in and i was gone. i was expecting to get beaten by a v twin harley motor. those cruisers can makes some mean power. i was shifting like no other, popping it in second so hard and so right that the tires pop and screech. i kept on hitting the rpms just right and i was barely ahead but he was deff going WOT thats for sure. but now i feel proud of my stock 1.8t which i feel is actually not really slow as every1 else says about stockers.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:43 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: beat a harley..

i dont mean to burst your bubble, but those harley motors dont make much power at all... i forget exactly what they run, but it was over 14 secs... and our cars will fly once they get going...

Old 03-15-2006, 02:45 AM
2nd Gear

actually the only bikes that run 14s and up are the HUGE touring bikes and 250's that guy was probly messing with you. But I do agree the stock 1.8t is pretty peppy for what it has to haul around. when I mash the gas or run in tip mode the car is a whole different beast

Old 03-15-2006, 02:50 AM
1st Gear

i actually like how the 1.8t performs, altho slow in the 1/4 and to 60, once its up to highway speeds it moves... thats what you get for german engineering and building a car for the autobahn. and as far as the bikes go, the only harley that should be able to take any reasonable car is a vrod i believe its called, other than that, harleys are big touring bikes, thats all they make.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:56 AM
2nd Gear

I was talking about the ones that have a huge compartment on the back a radio and ac. Most harleys run 12s-13s meaning the average harely you see on the road. My 1.8t is like I said peppy but not fast by any means.

edit the stock 1.8t runs high 16s (16.8) in the 1/4 mile and Im sorry but no bike other then a bicycle on pedal power or a small dirtbike runs that.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:06 AM
1st Gear

haha they absolutely suck on the bottom end, ill give you that, its a nice change tho, ive always wanted an audi, and awd... i used to have an 03 mustang that would run 12.5 on slicks... i guess i kinda got sick of it, altho the audi does need a bigger turbo... sure would be nice to feel acceleration g's again...

Old 03-15-2006, 03:10 AM
2nd Gear

yeah I came from dsm's and the feeling of torque is gone with this car, but thats what I bought this car for. I do admit putting porsches away was fun but I do like having plenty of room and a huge trunk and being able to still enjoy a twisty road every now and again. I think a chip and supporting mods like a DV n75 and filter may be all I do so that the car gets a little better mileage and has some new pep to her.[8D]

Old 03-15-2006, 05:27 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: xx18quattroxx

i dont mean to burst your bubble, but those harley motors dont make much power at all... i forget exactly what they run, but it was over 14 secs... and our cars will fly once they get going...
lol yeah our cars fly once they get going. Our cars are slow as fvck stock, and I don't think a stock 1.8T could beat any motorcycle. Sorry juice, but I don't think he was racing you. I've ridden sportsters and they are the slowest harley's and I'm pretty sure one of those could beat my k04. Just look at the power to weight ratios.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:35 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, no way he was racing you Juice.
And I don't know about you guys, but my car sucks on the highway. It is no where near as fast as it is down low. These cars have the awd system and it kills their highway performance....edit.....you guys dont have awd so nevermind.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:50 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: flyinb501

lol yeah our cars fly once they get going. Our cars are slow as fvck stock, and I don't think a stock 1.8T could beat any motorcycle. Sorry juice, but I don't think he was racing you. I've ridden sportsters and they are the slowest harley's and I'm pretty sure one of those could beat my k04. Just look at the power to weight ratios.
take it from a couple of guys who have ridden plenty of bikes, that harley wasn't racing you...if he wanted to, he could've blown the doors off your stock A4...a car like aRif's (2871r elim) might be a challenge for a harley

Quick Reply: beat a harley..