Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bah dealerships.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 03:07 PM
dan
2nd Gear
Default bah dealerships.

Took the car into the dealership yesterday for a few minor issues, one being the rear door panel had popped off in my bosses hand while i was taking him to lunch. I work from home so it's the 1st time he's seen the new ride, great impression eh?

Anyway, the dealer calls me and informs me the rapairs wont be done under warranty because the windows are tinted and there is an after maket sub in the door (I had no idea about the sub) anyway, the repair would cost $159 to complete.

I laugh and tell them no thanks, just give me the $16 in parts they had queued up for the repair and I'd do it myself.

Long story short, I fixed the problem for $11, I bought 8 of the clips needed incase they were all shot. Turns out only ONE of them was broken, the rest just were not clipped in properly, so it could have been done for $1.50 and about 5 minutes had I looked at the door panel 1st before buying the parts.

Not a bad dealer markup eh?

Old 11-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Default RE: bah dealerships.

did you buy the car from the dealership ? who put in the aftermarket subs am guessing you did not buy the car new

Old 11-16-2005, 04:12 PM
dan
2nd Gear

Not from that dealership, the guys we bought it from are ~120-150 miles away.

It was CPO with 12k miles on it when we bought it a couple months ago.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:17 PM

Ok so the previous owner had the subs put in and doing that it would be fault of the installer being sloppy I could see why Audi would deny this claim

Old 11-16-2005, 04:24 PM
dan
2nd Gear

I'm not saying they are not within their rights to deny the claim, the door panel was one of 4-5 diff things the car had to go in for including no heated air coming form the center vents which did not get fixed

The glove box hing is cracked due to the suspension thing inside it locking up and making it damn near impossible to close and the rear seat latch that locks the seat in an upright position was misaligned, so if you had anything in the trunk it slid down and hit the seats they would just fold down heh..

All other issues were covered which is cool, I'm just pointing out the markup for 1 single clip and 5 minutes of time is insane. Not to mention they originally told me the work on the door panel was already completed before they called so "I had no choice but to pay the install fees" then after a couple of minutes of back and forth flipped and said "it's not been done yet, we just wont fix it for you".