Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Luck With Local Shops

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Bad Luck With Local Shops

Due to the lack of a warm garage and tools, I recently took my car to a local shop for rear wheel bearing replacement. Got the car back and it drove like new again. One week later I get this wicked loud ratteling noise coming from my right rear brake... so I take it back to the shop. Come to find out they only hand tightened the caliper bolt and over my 80 mile communte back and forth from work every day the vibration rattled the bolt out. Now tell me, why are people so stupid and not double check things?

Also, new tires were put on in June of this year. Go figure the guys forgot to torque the wheels and I end up with missing lug nuts. How retarded are people?

Old 12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Bad Luck With Local Shops

You should ask them for a refund, seriously.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
3rd Gear

^^+1 that could've ended much worse than it did.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
1st Gear

thats why i hate taking my car to shops. They have so many other vehicles to work on that they just cant provide the TLC our cars need.
I remember when i changed the rotors on my accord it took me about 6 hours to complete. I took my sweet time and made sure everything was tightened etc..

Old 12-19-2007, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: flyromeo3

thats why i hate taking my car to shops. They have so many other vehicles to work on that they just cant provide the TLC our cars need.
I remember when i changed the rotors on my accord it took me about 6 hours to complete. I took my sweet time and made sure everything was tightened etc..

i wouldn't call that TLC i'd call it inexpierence.j/k

Old 12-19-2007, 04:37 PM
5th Gear

hey i know you live a bit far away but you should take your car to the guys at kost across from denny's on the parkway. they do alot of work on audi's and is the only place i take my car. matter of fact they were just working on an A4 wheel bearings when i was there today. the shop that worked on your car must have some dumb people workin there because these guys at kost rly know what they're talking about. and of course i tested them on some unique audi questions and they answeredexactly the way the techs on here answer them. the only thing is they're a bit slow lol. makes sure to get one of their credit cards because you save alot of money.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

report them to the Better Business Bureau...

Old 12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
2nd Gear

people just dont take pride in their work anymore.... my german auto tech guy that ive been using for years has gotten expensive and does shoddy work now....

i let him do my exhaust and test pipe because i dont have a lift... get the car back with a deep scratch on the fender from his belt buckle when he installed the test pipe and a scrape on the rear bumper from hitting an exhaust piece or something on it... then a week later a get an exhaust leak and find two loose bolts on the downpipe... he denied all of it....

luckily the one scratch buffed out and the other on the rear bumper is barely noticeable...

you gotta DIY!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

Is it just me or are the dealerships getting worse too? I've had some pretty **** poor work done on my rides via dealerships. Even just the routine visits have gotten f'd up. (sorry to the audi service guys who are members here too)

Good thing your mechanic mishaps didn't end as badly as they coud've!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: tHe kNiGHt FaLL

report them to the Better Business Bureau...
You can't be serious. Do you know who the BBB is and how they operate?