Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B7 A4 Vibration Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear
Default B7 A4 Vibration Issue

Hey Everyone,

If you haven't guessed by seeing my username, I am the proud owner of a 2007 A4 2.0T Quattro 6M. I bought the car in August at Willow Grove Audi, just outside of Philadelphia, PA. Since then, I have moved down to Macon, GA. Since I bought the car, I always noticed a little bit of a vibration at highway speed. Since I had nothing to compare to, I thought it may be something that all Audi's do...not the case. I took my car to get the 5000 mile service at Nalley Audi, up in Atlanta (no Audi dealer in Macon). They gave me a loaner 2006 A3 2.0T FWD 6M for the couple of days I had to leave my car at the dealer. Upon driving the loaner back to Macon, I realized there was no vibration at all. The abused loaner drove much better than my brand new A4. As soon as I realized this I called the dealer and notified them to check for the vibration. They found that my tires were out of balance, and proceeded to balance them. When I got the car back, the vibration was still there. I called Nalley Audi right away and set-up another appointment. They then found that the two front tires had excessive road force damage and needed to be changed. They replaced the two front tires....I got the car back today and the vibration is still there.

The vibration starts around 70 mph, but is most notable at speeds over 80 mph, and during decelerations between about 85 to 80 mph. All my tires are balanced and I'm beginning to think it may have something to do with the suspension, or possibly the engine. I contacted Nalley Audi today and requested a regional service rep to come look at the car.

Does anyone have experience, or heard of something like this with Audi's?

Thanks for any response!

Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: B7 A4 Vibration Issue

My car runs perfect no vibrations.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:38 AM
3rd Gear

That doesn't sound like an engine thing. Is it possible that one or more of your wheels are bent? What you are describing leads me to think a wheel is bent or messed up somehow..... I don't know if you bought your car new or with a couple thousand miles on her, but all it takes is less than a mile for someone test driving the car before you to hit a curb or somthing. with a bent wheel, you wouldn't notice a vibration untill the speeds you described...

Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 AM
1st Gear

I am having recurring wheel balance issues, among other things, with my 2007 A4 2.0TQ MT6. It is in the shop now, for the 5th time in the two months I've had it. Let me know what the final resolution is!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
1st Gear

It's not the wheels. They've all been balanced (Twice Now). I did hit a curb the first week I had the car and scraped a rim, however that wheel was taken off the car and the full spare put on to save money on repairs. I'll take it to a guy down here to see if one of the rims is warped or something like that. Hopefully I get this resolved soon. I really like the car...other than the vibration.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:56 PM
1st Gear

I also just noticed why the back of my car sounds like its rattling when I listen to music with some base....I have a blown Bose Sub too! At first I thought the car just rattled when I played loud music with bass to it, however upon further inspection the back is sturdy as a rock and packed with Dynomat....

Smells like a citris fruit to me....

If you bought a broken DVD player would you return it? You bet your a$$ you would.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear

The dealership finally fixed my alignment issue but the wheel balance is now bad on mine. Not to mention both of the rear windows rattle on uneven surfaces. The car has less than 2k miles on it! I'm very displeased with the car.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

I don't know about where you are, but the lemon laws in all states should be similar. If you take the car to the dealership for the same problem, and they don't fix it after 3 attemps you can file a lemon law claim, and end up with a brand new car. Contact a lawyer in your area and find out what the exact law is up there.

In Georgia, where I am, you send Audi of NA a certified letter. They have a week say they got the letter. They then have one more chance to fix the car, if they don't, the MUST either give you your money back or replace the car...

My car is in the shop today for the third time for the vibration problem. I hope they can fix it this time. The service manager assured me they will do everything the can to find, and fix the problem. I'll let everyone know what the resolution is, as soon as I know.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

I think lemon laws are good for a set period of time after you buy the car though and I'm not sure what happens when you're no longer in the state you bought the car in.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

It's good for one year after you buy the car. It doesn't matter about where the car is. A lemon is a lemon...Hopefully it's something I don't have.

Quick Reply: B7 A4 Vibration Issue