Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b6 symphony radio fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear
Default b6 symphony radio fix

Whenever I fix something that went wrong with a car i like to post up about it...so here we go. Radio has sucked since the day i bought my b6 a4....i am in the process of moving and and crashing with my parents for a few days while i wind down before i move to philly. I was not able to tune any of my 3 favorite radio stations in Albany (where my parents live)..hmm not good. I knew the antenna was either disconnected or the "booster" by the rear window was broken. Hmm didnt want to rip apart the dash so i figured that if i tuned into a faintly audible station and then opened the trunk lid it would probobly block or interfere with the signal. I was right! So the antenna was intact until the rear window. Pulled off the top trim piece and removed the booster. Noticed the contacts were somewhat oxidized...and in my b5 almost every electrical contact was oxidized...so i steel wooled off the contacts thinking that would solve things....it didnt. I noticed that if i pushed on the booster it would make the radio tune a station so gradually i figured out that the connections were fine and some internal connection must be loose inside the booster....wrapped some duct tape around the booster ...thus keeping some pressure on the "magic spot" and this solved things...replaced the trim and everything is as good as new! So anyways..probobly not the ultimate problem solver for everyone..but if it helps one person i have done my job! cheers!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: b6 symphony radio fix

Moral of story...

Duct Tape FTMFW.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: b6 symphony radio fix

^^^never fails...i keep 2 things in my trunk...a small hatchet...and a roll of DT. i have not needed the hatchet recently...but the day i take it out is the day that a small tree will block my path...so i always keep it!