Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B6 Driver's Only Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: B6 Driver's Only Please

True that. that's what i think

the audi partss guy is actually dealing with awe-tunning at the dealership(authorized dealer), and on their awe-tunning website they have GIAC as their chip, so i dont really know why he would sudgest me a different company, which is weird lol

Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

APR also has 30 day money back guarantee! try them both

Old 10-03-2007, 04:54 PM
2nd Gear

It's totally user preference. I have GIAC on my b6 even though most say to go with apr or revo for our cars. I like the GIAC tune because it tends to be more aggressive. Then again I also have the injectors with it.So like everybody is saying, it really is up to you.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: damir21

chaos92287what a4 he got, and what chip
b5 a4 1.8TQM w/ TAP tuning

SEE WHAT IMEAN no offense guys, i appreciateyour reply, but i keep getting dead ended again, some saygo with this one,some say go with something else

who has it installed on their car

APR - with and without injectors - How Big is The difference - with and without injectors
GIAC - with and without injectors - How Big is The difference - with and without injectors
of course your gona get conflicting information. 99% of the people here have chosen their chip and love it and think its the best, so they're gona tell you its the best. GIAC, REVO, and APR are all gona give you really similar results. GIAC tends to have more torque, while APR and REVO have better top end. the difference between the regular file and big injector file is ~35hp difference. you should definitely get the bigger injector file. its comparable to the basic k04 file for the b5 (maybe 10-20 hp less)

so which one do you get? whichever is close to you and has a reputable shop. after-sales support is important too. i wouldn't pay more for a file that has less gains. you might as well go with an inmotion chip and get less power for less money. your k03 can withstand GIAC REVO or APR for thousands upon thousands of miles. what will determine your turbo life is how hard you are on the turbo and proper maintenance. Don't start ripping through the gears after just turning on the car, let your turbo warm up first. dont turn your car right off after driving it hard, let the oil move through the turbo and cool it down for a few minutes (or dont drive it hard the last 5-10 minutes, or get a turbo timer). and dont be an asshat 24/7 whipping around town, ripping through gears and fully spooling your turbo in each and every gear. and change your oil with synthetic every 3-5k. do these things and your turbo will last for a LONG time

Old 10-03-2007, 10:30 PM
2nd Gear

i think GIAC is the most aggresive, but APR claims the most power out of the 1+ flash with 235hp and 275ftlbs torque.. i liked APR because they are known for being very smooth and reliable.. the first GIAC chips were too lean and burned up a lot of engines but seem to do fine now.. id say its really whichever is closest to you and will be able to provide service!

i LOVE my APR 1+ it is such a huge difference! im not scared that a minivan will pull on me now! its very very smooth as well... the spike in torque is very strong with the k03...

i also chose APR because im going BT in the spring and i just didnt want to mess with all the ATP mani problems with the REVo and GTRS but those problems are nothing to do with REVo software...so APR 3+ for me

oh and the APR 1+ is the same price as the stage 1 flash so i just popped the injectors in myself in the parking lot then drove over and had them flash it!

giac 1+ or REVo II charge more for theirs