Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B6 Driver's Only Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
1st Gear
Default B6 Driver's Only Please

You heard this before and you guys told everyone to look in the search for this topic. i've been on the search for like 3 hours still cant decide or didnt find the right answer

i have an 02 1.8t quattro manual from day 1, it's goin tto the shop on friday (cat, starter, fuel filter etc.)
i have an carbonio intake, aluminum flywheel

i ordered a bailey DV(for Friday)
next im ordering a chip and injectors

i was gonna choose between APR and GIAC,
but then i'm cool with a guy at the audi parts departmentand he told me to go with OBERSCHNEIDER O.CTCHIP(www.stratmosphere.com).
It's Supposed to be better for the engine, but it's less power and more money[:@]
oF COURSE i want my engine to last loger 110k on the car (my engine got 60k current, (accident and swapped out for a new one))

what chip do u guys have on your B6 -

so please make it simple -

1. how does the car act. (roughness and driveability)
2. any engine problems (wear etc.)
3. performance

APR - with and without injectors
GIAC - with and without injectors
OBERSCHNEIDER O.CTCHIP

Thank You

And if there is a thread in the forum please reply so i can look at it

Old 10-03-2007, 12:44 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: B6 Driver's Only Please

i got a b5 (same engine as you) and been chipped w/k04 for over 105k (had the car since 85k). never had any problems related to the chip. and i know there are plenty of guys on here who are chipped beyond 100k. hell, David9999 has been chipped since 90k and is now at 190k.

the only damage a chip is going to do is slightly lessen the life of your turbo. but its not gona go anytime soon. go with APR or GIAC

Old 10-03-2007, 12:47 PM

Actually, for the B6 platform, a REVO would be best. I am looking into getting one myself.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 PM
1st Gear

i have a B6. go with REVO. even though i am currently stock. i have used a few of their ecu flashes on my ecu. good stuff
they are known for being the best for our B6's
CLICK HERE FOR REVO WEBSTIE

Old 10-03-2007, 12:54 PM
1st Gear

chaos92287what a4 he got, and what chip

SEE WHAT IMEAN no offense guys, i appreciateyour reply, but i keep getting dead ended again, some saygo with this one,some say go with something else

who has it installed on their car

APR - with and without injectors - How Big is The difference - with and without injectors
GIAC - with and without injectors - How Big is The difference - with and without injectors

Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 PM
4th Gear

sorry i drive a b5, therefore must be a complete moron

Old 10-03-2007, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

Its pretty much up to you! User preferance! Just like you chose to go with an Audi and Not a BMW or some other brand! Check the ratings on the manufacturers site! Personaly I am going with APR, you get more bang for your buck vs revo revo does about 205hp vs apr @ 215hp 10 more horse doesent sound much but if you are going to spend the money why not and yeah it is a difference with 10 more hp. so I say APR! the difference between Stage I and Stage I+ is another 20hp I belive but the reason I am going away from that idea is because you can put the injectors in at anytime and APR will give you a discount to upgrade the ecu! If the ecu programs are erased by the dealer my local dealer said they would re-install for free! so check into that as well. If you go with apr get their DV because yours wont last very long its about another $185. But once again do your reasearch and study the manufacturers sites same way you did when you decided to go for an audi!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

yea i realized that more power for your money, but in the long run how will it affect your engine, and stuff that goes with that, like i said b4 the audi guy told me go with the lower one from OBERSCHNEIDER O.CTCHIP it's safer for your engine. so it's bunch of this and that, and like you said it's all different makes and models

Old 10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

try revo for free....cant beat that

Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 PM
1st Gear

Engine is Audi it has been built to withstand that kind of torture. I read the article that they actually designed the car for more hp and than chipped it to lower the power which gives longer durability because you arent driving the living thing out of it. Due to the restrictions which = to longer life of the car! Phone APR and talk to one of the guys I did the same thing and they mentioned that the car has been tested and it is just basically giving it a bit more juice without any potential for damage. Why the audi tech is telling you to get the other chip is probably because its sold from audi and they make money! I asked a lot of guys that have their car chipped they said the potential for damage is very minmal! Unless you drive the living **** out of the car and not let it cool down and treat it like your baby! So no I dont think it will effect the engine lifetime but it will effect your turbos lifetime!!!! And if you get a 100k out of the turbo its well worth the chip! there is guys on here that have surpassed that even!

Quick Reply: B6 Driver's Only Please