Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B5 verses B6

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Default RE: B5 verses B6

ORIGINAL: Dopefish

I don't know if you guys are understanding my post. I am not concerned with the performance/handling/weight/etc of the two, I know well about both of them in that regaurd. I am concerned with features/creature comfort stuff/VAG-Com options/etc ONLY. The fact you guys continue to argue about chassis stiffness or hp output of the 1.8T proves you didn't read very carefully into my request.
No it just proves that other than the visual and engine diff. there are very few differences between the cars

Old 04-07-2007, 08:06 PM
1st Gear

B6

Old 04-07-2007, 08:14 PM

Not all B6 have front and rear seat heat. I think it was either the 3.0L or models prior to 2003 or something. Can't remember exactly how it worked, but my 2004.5 1.8t didn't even have it as an option. Had a B5 went to B6, may go B8 but not B7. I think B7 rear looks like a civic.
B5 looks too "small" to me. Can't explain what I mean by that. Still an awesome car, but until the B8 comes out, I'm sticking with the B6 and loving it.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:13 PM
1st Gear

Well I appreciate it -- it seems the differences are indeed rather small, most notable being the dual-zone climate control which I don't mind lacking. The Nogaro Blue Pearl B5 S4 is just amazing to me and I believe that is where my heart is. I do love how the B6 looks but the 2.7 Bi-Turbo has my attention more than anything, I just wanted to be certian I wouldnt miss anything by getting a B5 instead of a B6.

I really want a Nogaro Blue S4 but depending upon the condition of the cars I look at I may flex on that preference :/ I think it's just time I get something a little more 'grown up' than my RX-7 presently is.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear

seeing that you have a rx-7 you will be VERY pleased with getting the b5 s4! And on top of that you are looking at the best color as well. There is no better blue color out there in my opinnion, and is very rare. If you chip the s4 you automatically have more than 300hp which im sure will put a smile on your face. I would say there is alittle more maintanence rquired but compared to a rx-7 it is nothing! Good luck man and i know you will be happy buyin that car. I would have had one a long time ago if i could afford it. But now you can get them for pretty cheap.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:35 PM
3rd Gear

You really can't go wrong with a B5 S4! but if you are looking for a newer car, and probably new and better options, then go with the B6.....
-on a side note, I think we all know that the B5 is the best A4 ever made..

Old 04-07-2007, 11:56 PM
1st Gear

LOL, to be honest the RX-7 has been very good to me. They aren't as bad as most people make them out to be but they definately aren't for the faint of heart... comparable to the S4 in complexity of the engine and induction system. The fact that I do all my own labor has made the RX-7 a very affordable car (as will the S4) but they are picky, do not skimp on maintenance, always allow warm up and cool down and you can be driving it as if you are at Sebring Raceway anytime in between with no worries.

The RX-7 is great but it is older and while the styling doesn't really reveal it's age (Nor does the condition at only 68k miles) I just feel like I should consider something more adult at this time that offers fun in a more sensible package. I don't often have passengers so owning 2-seater cars never bothered me but now I'll have the option if needed. There is just a bit of charm to be held inside such a casual feeling car that with the right modifications can out perform many purist sports cars.

The S4 will be something nice I can drive whenever, especially on weekends or in the evenings and I can keep my 240sx as a daily drive for work as well as the occasional track session that it's suspension is already tuned for. Having the 240 will allow me to take the S4 down whenever for mods or maintenance and not worry about and the S4 I'd feel more comfortable going out in compared to the RX-7 that I was always paranoid someone would hit, etc. It is such a small and dark car compared to the S4 that I have been often left in scary situations due to people not seeing me.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:01 AM
3rd Gear

you will not be dissapointed with the B5 S4!

Old 04-08-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm make believe

does it really matter if you get a b5 or b6? it only mattersthat you get a 1.8t and a manual!

Old 04-08-2007, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

does it really matter if you get a b5 or b6? it only mattersthat you get a 1.8t and a manual!
My goal is the 2.7t from an S4 (B5)... which is why I questioned it as the B6 1.8t was the runner up in my goals.

Quick Reply: B5 verses B6