Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b5 hid's from ecs or lltek?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Default b5 hid's from ecs or lltek?

Removed for google

Last edited by SnowSurfns; 07-08-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Default RE: b5 hid's from ecs or lltek?

I purchased my 2pc lights from LLTEK, and with the way the LLTEK lights aredesigned, you can purchase the HID kit and it will basically drop right in. The only thing you have to do is drill a small hole in the back of the housing with the supplied drill bit in the kit, match & plug up the wires, mount the ballasts, and you're done.

Edit: The one's from ECS don't even come with city lights or the city light wiring? What's up with that? Not that you really need them, but the LLTEK lights come with city lightsand the wiring already installed.

A lot of people on here will tell you not to go with LLTEK, and i'm sure they have their reasons. I personally have had nothing but good experiences with them, and their customer service is awesome.

If you call LLTEK, speak with Mark, he'll help answer any of your questions. (tell him Jeff Faulkner referred you)

Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 AM
3rd Gear

Hey A4 Effort - can you post some pics of your car with the 2pc lights - interested to see what they look like on the car

Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 AM

Sure thing:

Old 06-14-2007, 10:36 AM
2nd Gear

Wow those are nice...Good Job!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:51 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SnowSurfns

I'm semi confused on which HID's to buy for my 1997 a4, At ecs they have just the HID housings (1 piece) for 579.95 and then I still have to buy ballasts and bulbs, and presumably cut part of my fenders to make the one pieces fit.
Are you sure you still need to buy ballasts? Maybe I am confused as to what ballasts are, but I thought the ones from ecs that come with the HID ready, just need bulbs and the city light wiring kit. I would think that if you bought the cheaper ones from ecs (not HID ready)...then you would need to make them HID ready. Am I wrong in this?

Old 06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
3rd Gear

all your buying with these kits is the headlight housing, I think its an option to get the HID kit with them but that is more expensive. Best thing to do would be to ge a kit from VVME.com.

To answer your question about ballasts - the ballast/igniter is the part that converts you cars electric current into a lot stronger current so that the gas inside the bulb ignite, its the main part of the HID conversion kit.

Thanks for the pics - lookin good - I really like that its in my color

Old 06-14-2007, 01:31 PM
4th Gear

since you bought the ones that are hid (xenon) ready.. you need d2s bulbs now

Old 06-14-2007, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

since you bought the ones that are hid (xenon) ready.. you need d2s bulbs now

I bought the bulbs (D2s 6000)and the HID ready ones from ecs the other day. Since I don't have the ballasts, can I even plug them in? Would I be able to just use my stock bulbs in the mean time if I can't use the D2S bulbs?

Old 06-14-2007, 08:49 PM

thanks for the tips guys

Quick Reply: b5 hid's from ecs or lltek?