Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B5 1.8T exhaust pics and clip.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 01:01 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: B5 1.8T exhaust pics and clip.

wow your car sounds beautiful. btw guys how would a neuspeed catback sound compared to this would it be louder cause his seems pretty loud the rest of the exhaust systems sound pretty quiet.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:30 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

kind of sounds like my car did when i didnt have a muffler. what other mods do u have?

APR chip. A few more in the very near future. Hopefully within the next month it will have a 3 in high flow cat, 3 in dp, boost controller, boost gauge, intake, some porting to the wastegate exit to help boost creep, recirculated bov, and then clutch and flywheel combo. Hopefully wanna make this a descent high 14 second car that is fun to drive and daily driven. The KO3 will probably go soon after all of this so a KO4 will be in the works along with injectors, fuel pump, afc, the list goes on and on.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 AM
3rd Gear

dude that thing sounds ridiculous tell ur friend to put together a package and sell those bad boys. ill eb first in line..lol very nice

--E

Old 01-04-2006, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: a4autocrossr

dude that thing sounds ridiculous tell ur friend to put together a package and sell those bad boys. ill eb first in line..lol very nice

--E

To be honest with yah. We were honestly thinking about selling some. I asked him about it and he said that he'd like to start making systems and selling in order to expand his shop some more, but he said he would have to wait until he got a mandrel bender. He ordered the bends from Magnaflow for my car. So if, IF, we were ever to sell some systems it would be a small amount. He did the same setup on my GSX cept its a 2.5 dp and no cat, but most of the DSM guys have that same setup so it wasn't anything spectacular. We'll see how it goes.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
4th Gear

Couple things to maybe help you out, the muffle placement is retarded, if you stays cocked like that, your going to be hitting everyone in sight. 2. 3in piping with ko3/ko4s is what your looking for, say goodbye to your low end. I have a custom exhaust, and have played around with exhaust, its not what ur looking for. Prop to biulding a system tho.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Couple things to maybe help you out, the muffle placement is retarded, if you stays cocked like that, your going to be hitting everyone in sight. 2. 3in piping with ko3/ko4s is what your looking for, say goodbye to your low end. I have a custom exhaust, and have played around with exhaust, its not what ur looking for. Prop to biulding a system tho.

I realize that the placement is dumb and I said in my first post that it was not planned like that at first. We had ordered a round muffler, but all they had was the oval one so we had to deal with it. The round one should be on at the end of this week. 3 inch piping is overkill and I realize that, but I wanted a system that I wouldn't have to upgrade in the future, plus it really helped out the sound a lot. The low end doesn't really seem to be affected all that much to be honest, but I am still running the stock cat and dp so once those are taking care of I am sure I will notice more lag, but I like some lag on a turbo car even though most hate it. I honest to god, without a doubt, wanted a system that would make my car less of a luxury mobile. This quote was said on a DSM site I am on and its how I feel about cars.

That's exactly WHY I own a DSM. I don't like it smooth, quiet, comfortable and effortless. I like to listen to the whine of the Walbro, rumble of the full 3" exhaust and feel the vibrations of the balance shafts-free engine with solid motor mounts on the steering wheel while idling on the stoplights. I love the stiffness of the ACT2600, the notchiness of the tranny one has to literally rape when shifting and the harsh ride with the polyurethane suspension bushings and ProKit/AGX combo. I'd never trade AWD launches for anything, I love the feeling of invincibility off the line and the way one gets thrown against the seat and feels like being a part of the car at that moment. I enjoy hearing the notorious "wtf do you have in that thing?!?" from over-confident C5 and Supra owners after blowing the doors off their shiny machines they spent a fortune for. I love the violent way the boost comes on while being set on "f*ck'em up" psi level and one feels like being rear-ended by a semi, the intimidating jet engine-like whine of the turbo and the BOV bark between shifts. I like it brutal. That's why I own a DSM.
I come from a DSM world and the luxury of the Audi, the quietness of the interior, constantly checking my tach at stops to see if its still running cause its so quiet. I just wanna have a more sporty feel to it. Harsher shifting, harsh power, sensitive steering and stiff suspension. Anyway I'm gonna stop now before I go to far and get carried away. I just love the Audi and the feel of it, but I want just a touch of my DSM world if that makes since.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

while on the exhaust topic...
do you guys think that there is enough room to bring anoather tailpipe to the other side ( Dual Exhaust )

Not too hard to do but i was thinking a lil bit differently...
for example...
i would have used a Tunable muffler that with an actuation of a valve will allow you to switch between cruise and wide open depending on boost or RPM
For instance when i'm gonna build my 3" system this summer here's how i will build it.
Cat - 3" V-Band - 3" resonator - Warlock Muffler - Y pipe with Butterfly Valve ont the Straight Through side and a piece of 2.25" or 2.0" restrictor pipe inside the other 3" Exit - Rear Mufller/s

This way when you go on a long trip your not gonna have a constant growl (Which can actually can get quite anoying after a couple of hours of cruising on the highway) and actually will still retain botom end without loosing top end flow

Old 01-04-2006, 10:14 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: _Adrian_

while on the exhaust topic...
do you guys think that there is enough room to bring anoather tailpipe to the other side ( Dual Exhaust )

Not too hard to do but i was thinking a lil bit differently...
for example...
i would have used a Tunable muffler that with an actuation of a valve will allow you to switch between cruise and wide open depending on boost or RPM
For instance when i'm gonna build my 3" system this summer here's how i will build it.
Cat - 3" V-Band - 3" resonator - Warlock Muffler - Y pipe with Butterfly Valve ont the Straight Through side and a piece of 2.25" or 2.0" restrictor pipe inside the other 3" Exit - Rear Mufller/s

This way when you go on a long trip your not gonna have a constant growl (Which can actually can get quite anoying after a couple of hours of cruising on the highway) and actually will still retain botom end without loosing top end flow

Noted. While that sounds smart and practical it sounds kinda difficult to make. Might just be how I am picturing it. Also, my buddy is a Magnaflow dealer so thats what he puts on everything unless someone has a seperate muffler already or tells him to order a different one such as Borla, or Apexi, but they won't be getting it for any cheaper than you or the next guy know what I mean? Basically he gets bottom dollar on Magnaflow stuff cause of his shop.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: blackflame
Noted. While that sounds smart and practical it sounds kinda difficult to make. Might just be how I am picturing it.
Then Again I'm a Certified Mechanic.
It doesn't sound all that hard to me. Then again it might for the average Joe.
I have to see how sharp are my Paint skils and see if i can draw it up.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:20 PM
1st Gear

I just looked at those links and I think you would be better off with just putting on an electric cut out after the flex pipe. It would be a lot cheaper and probably less complicated. You could just go with a smaller exhaust setup or even keep it stock with the cut out.

I see how you wanna do it now. It sounds like a cool idea.

Quick Reply: B5 1.8T exhaust pics and clip.