Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWE Tuning A-Pillar Boost Gauge..Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 03:38 AM
Default AWE Tuning A-Pillar Boost Gauge..Thoughts?

What do you guys think of this a-pillar mounted gauge? Anyone have any experience with it, looks, fit, etc?

Here it is.

Old 10-13-2005, 03:56 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: AWE Tuning A-Pillar Boost Gauge..Thoughts?

Holy **** that is overpriced, as per usual... lol, you get a VDO guage which is worth like nothing... (group buy in canada right now for like 32 bucks CDN) and a pod... which you can get for like 20 - 30 bucks. Then the fancy T thing and the hose... maybe 15 bucks. So we're at like 65 bucks US maybe? Opposed to 125... I'm cool with spending 125 I guess, but I'd certainly want a better guage than just basic VDO. I am planning on using stewart warner. In fact....... lets see if I can dig this up.

OK I contact this guy from eBay, he's a really cool guy from when I spoke with him. I asked him about hooking me up, if I bought both oil pressure, AND boost guages, AND a dual pod. These are Stewart Warner guages, which are really damned nice. Bear in mind that the shipping is quoted for Canada... he was very reasonable as most eBay sellers want like a million dollars, give or take, to ship up here.

$95 both gauges
$14.25 USPS Parcel Post
$32.50 AutoMeter Dual Gauge Pod
------------

My only concern is that AutoMeter lists the pod for 96-98, but i thought
they would be the same on 00's. Are they? Let me know what you want to do!

Thanx,

Karl T.

(815)675-1822
superpowers60@hotmail.com

EDIT: I don't know about the pillar thing, I never checked because I'm too poor for this anyways. But yeah, I bet you can get both oil pressure, and boost guages... and the dual pod... for nearly the same price as the single basic VDO you posted. We should ask this dude about a group buy. Or... just buy from him. I like giving business to good people.

Old 10-13-2005, 04:15 AM

Very good call headshok. I'd be down for a group buy, sounds like a way better deal! Keep me posted with any new info. Thanks.

Old 10-13-2005, 04:43 AM
1st Gear

What about the vent grille boost guage from AWE? Those look pretty sick IMO.

*On Edit* Yeah, those things are like $250, screw that. They look cool though.

Old 10-13-2005, 05:09 AM

Talk to brrman about in-vent boost gauges. he did his own and saved a ton of money, his looks better too imo. the concept of the vent grille gauges is very cool though.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:13 PM
5th Gear

Yeah I like the AWE vent guage cause it still lets air pass through... but I want oil pressure for sure... boost lets you keep an eye on power, oil pressure could save your engine. I do not want 2 of my vents occupied, so the a-pillar is definately what I want.

Can anybody verify the pillar thing?

Old 10-13-2005, 02:05 PM
4th Gear

Do you have airbags in the A pillar?

If so, you can't mount it there unless you want your gauge buried in your cranium the next car accident you have.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:20 PM
5th Gear

Haha, no I do not have an airbag in my a-pillar... which is why I'm guessing the pillar pod would fit on my car. He says it fits up till 98 though, and airbags werent offered as an option until 2000. Who knows!

Old 10-13-2005, 10:36 PM
3rd Gear

Oh ****! I hope my car doesn't have airbags in the a-pillar. That would cause some serious skull damage. Anyway, I bought mine from summit racing. It was pretty cheap IIRC.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:50 AM

ORIGINAL: david9999

Do you have airbags in the A pillar?

If so, you can't mount it there unless you want your gauge buried in your cranium the next car accident you have.
well not that i plan on crashing any time soon, but damn... i have the airbags.

Quick Reply: AWE Tuning A-Pillar Boost Gauge..Thoughts?