Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awe POOP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 04:12 AM
2nd Gear
Default Awe POOP!

Well...it is snowing like crazy outside right now..which it has been for the entire day. I took my ride out to get some food and booze for the night. All was going great till I reached the parking lot at the liquior store. There was one spot open and it looked like a bunch of snow had built up in front of the spot so I decided to just plow over...it really didn't look like much at all. Well...the thing was SOLID ice and I'm pretty sure I bottomed out my ride on it. Felt like the middle of the car got teeter-tottered. I hope to god I didn't bust the oil pan! We'll find out tomorrow if I get an oil light or CEL. Now I'm not gonna be able to sleep!

DAMN EAU CLAIRE and their lack of snow removal!!

-T

Old 01-22-2005, 04:28 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Awe POOP!

Thought this thread was about AWE tuning when I saw the title. That sucks bro, we are expecting 15 inches of snow here tomorrow =(

Old 01-22-2005, 05:05 AM
3rd Gear

yea the chi is gettin hit right now, i just went to get the second round of beer and if i didnt have awd i wo0uld have not made it. the snow is packed in my front mount and the reiger front , looks bad *** , there were cops blocking off this road so half way down i decided to turn on an unplowed side road with like 8 in of snow the audi just plowed through that ****.

Old 01-22-2005, 06:32 AM
3rd Gear

nah there lots of tough metal under there i doubt you screwed anything up...

And remember guys Dont drink and drive you might hit a bump and spill your beer.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:36 PM
2nd Gear

LOL slim!

Ya, everything was fine. we got 11 and 1/2 inches of snow overnight. Today I took her out to make sure everything was peaches and I didn't notice any change. But unfortunetly I did have a different problem. I went out to get a shovel at menards and when I came back I couldn't get into the backally where my driveway is so I got out with my shovel and started goin to town thinking that my car was still on. Well..it took me about 8 times longer to shovel out the plowed in ally and when I went back to my car...my battery was dead. I'd killed the car not knowing it when I got out. So, I let her sit for about 30 minutes while I finished shoveling out my driveway...went back and she started right up. Now my stereo is in safe mode [:@] Time to dig up that code..hope I don't need a VAG or anything like that.

-T

Old 01-23-2005, 10:00 PM

somebody needs to make a skid plate that covers the aluminum oil pan but still leave engough room (Hole) to drain the oil and such