Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWE Drive Train Stabilizer or APR snub mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 05:53 AM
Default RE: AWE Drive Train Stabilizer or APR snub mount

anyone knw how much it would cost for a snub to be installed? Dont wanna have to do that myself. Anyone know of a DTS install write up?

Edit: Full review of DTS

Old 07-04-2005, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

anyone knw how much it would cost for a snub to be installed? Dont wanna have to do that myself. Anyone know of a DTS install write up?

Edit: Full review of DTS

i would think that a shop would charge around an hours rate. just ask around someone might help you install it. it not all that hard

Old 07-04-2005, 02:28 PM
4th Gear

They would likely charge several hours labour, as you have to pull off the front of the car to access it. The time to do it is when you are having the timing belt done, as you have already removed all the necessary parts

Old 07-04-2005, 06:40 PM

i have already had it replaced. I also found a a dts install write up. http://www.purems.com/products/DTS_install.pdf#search='AWE%20drive%20train%20stab ilizer%20install'

Old 07-06-2005, 12:55 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: david9999

They would likely charge several hours labour, as you have to pull off the front of the car to access it. The time to do it is when you are having the timing belt done, as you have already removed all the necessary parts
all you have to pull off is the front bumper and takeout/ loosen a few bolts. i have done it a few times. the pita part is removeing the bumper. just follow these instructions snub install my first time it took me and a freind 1.5 hours to do his car. when i did my car it took me about 40 min

Old 07-06-2005, 01:16 PM
1st Gear

i have the AWE DTS and still feel a good deal of slop. when shifting or letting of the gas under hard acceleration. i bought my a4 with the DTS so i have no way to compare before and after. however if this is an improvment i cant imagine what it would be like withoout it. i had been out of the honda scene and in the world of quattro for about 8 months before i was sent over here to iraq. so i have little knowledge about the issue. is this common to have this much slack even with the DTS... maybe a cracked motor mount? i dont know.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:10 PM

u might have anlold snub moun. Replace that and it should be amazing.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 AM
1st Gear

I am looking to buy a Greedspeed snub mount.. and went to grandspeed.com but couldnt find it.(all I could find was a neuspeed torque dampener) Where can I buy the greedspeed snub mount?

Old 01-11-2007, 05:09 AM
Site Moderator

I dont think there is a greedspeed snub for a B6. Only one is APR's that i know of.
Also, you really dont need to bring 1.5 yr old threads back to life to ask your question. Thats awesome you are searching, but thread resurecting can really throw some people off. Dont be affraid to start a new thread on a subject... Everything gets talked about 1 million times over anyways so its not that big of a deal as long as you arent tring to find the best BOV or find out what the best chip is.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

We carry both the APR mount and our own. Replacement on the 1.8T's is a breeze and can easily be accomplished without removing the front bumper or putting the front into service position. We perform these installations regularly and takes about 30 minutes.
Check out our mounts as well!

Quick Reply: AWE Drive Train Stabilizer or APR snub mount