Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWE Drive Train Stabilizer or APR snub mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:02 AM
1st Gear
Default AWE Drive Train Stabilizer or APR snub mount

Do these two parts perform the same job? The AWE stabilizer is quite a bit more expensive than APR's snub mount however the AWE would be a much easier install. The only thing I'm trying to get rid of is the incredible jolt I feel when shifting from 1st to 2nd during WOT.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:55 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: AWE Drive Train Stabilizer or APR snub mount

they almost do the same thing. you can get a snub from greedspeed for $15 and it is the same as apr. the install is not that hard for the snub it just takes some time. the snub will cut down on the jolt. with the addition of a dts it will make nice crisp shifts.

Old 07-01-2005, 12:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hb972.8q

they almost do the same thing. you can get a snub from greedspeed for $15 and it is the same as apr. the install is not that hard for the snub it just takes some time. the snub will cut down on the jolt. with the addition of a dts it will make nice crisp shifts.
Just to clarify (for the newbs like myself), you first say that the snub mount and DTS do almost the same thing. Then you talk about the snub mount and say "with the addition of a dts..."

Are you saying that doing both would be beneficial, or was that a comparison of the benefits of each option?

Old 07-01-2005, 08:18 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: mathas

ORIGINAL: hb972.8q

Just to clarify (for the newbs like myself), you first say that the snub mount and DTS do almost the same thing. Then you talk about the snub mount and say "with the addition of a dts..."

Are you saying that doing both would be beneficial, or was that a comparison of the benefits of each option?
well the snub is a front engine mount. this keeps the engine from traviling up or down. the stock ones ar crappy to much play. the aftermarket ones give less travel and also a harder compound. some people say they feel the engine vibrates a little more. nothing realy noticable if any at all.

the dts is attached to the tranny to the frame of the car and that holds the tranny from any movement.

eather one is good but both would be nice (someone buy me a dts).

if you want to go farther into it you can replace your tranny mounts with modified allroad ones. this just takes it one more step. most people dont have or know about this mod.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:59 PM
5th Gear

DTS looks to be a 5 minute install... once you're under the car. Snub can take a few hours. I'd do the DTS now and do the snub when you get your timing belt changed.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Administrator

agreed

Old 07-03-2005, 05:40 AM
2nd Gear

isnt the dts like 250 buks? opposed to the other thing which is 15? seems that if ur gonna spend the money, just buy both, and install when convienent, its not causing any damage or anything

Old 07-03-2005, 01:26 PM
2nd Gear

the dts is $350 have not installed one but seems like a ez quick install

the snub $15

the snub takes about 45 min i have done it a few times

Old 07-03-2005, 01:31 PM
6th Gear

45 minutes is if everything goes right! Putting the B5 into the service position can be a beeyatch!

Old 07-04-2005, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

I had the GreedSpeed snub mount installed. It is a noticeable difference compared to the warn out stock mount, but there is a still a minor hint of movement.

The snub mounts from APR and Pure MotorSport are not the same as the GreedSpeed. I was wondering if these (over the GS snub mount) would take out the remaining movement, but I have my doubts. I also wonder if the other motor mounts are fine. I'll probably swap them out before considering the AWE DTS.

The AWE DTS should take out ALL drivetrain movement I'm guessing, but a hefty price. And I'd expect it to get scraped on lowered cars.

The GreedSpeed snub mount is good for the money, its suppose to be an old VW Fox snub mount, but I couldn't find the VW part number so I got it from GreedSpeed.

Quick Reply: AWE Drive Train Stabilizer or APR snub mount