Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto VS Manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:58 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Auto VS Manual

ferraris and other high end cars only have those so those rich idiots cant dive bomb their transmission, due to lack of driving skill

Old 04-10-2007, 12:11 AM
4th Gear

To answer your question yes the tip does adapt to your driving style? If you drive harder the shifts are noticeably quicker...Who gives a fvck what trans you guys prefer, they both have pros and cons.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:16 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

ferraris and other high end cars only have those so those rich idiots cant dive bomb their transmission, due to lack of driving skill

Old 04-10-2007, 01:18 AM
4th Gear

And besides thats a Ferrari with 400 + horse power in most cars, its not a 30,000 dollar A4 with 170 horsies that you wanna drive an auto in because you can't handle traffic.... for christ sakes.

Paddle shifter/Auto/Tip is girly in anything that doesn't actually need it.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

to answer your question, an auto tranny uses a torque converter which is not 100% efficient, so there isa loss of power. a torque converter, whichis between the flywheel and the transmissionuses tranny fluid centrifugedat high speeds to spin the transmission. Since there is no direct linkage between the engine and the tranny, the engine will not stall when not in motion. To make a long story short, a manual tranny will get you better gas milage (when driven the same) as well as be slightly more performant, but because of the direct linkage between the engine and the tranny (something that does not exist at any time on an auto), you can feel the drive much more.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:24 AM
2nd Gear

auto is gay and should only be used by elderly women who cant handle having another pedal to mistake for the brake. manual is better in every way.
lol I will always drive a manual car over auto for the rest of my life! EVEN if my arm got ripped off by a damn gator! However, some times i do want to hang myself when im in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour

Old 04-10-2007, 01:25 AM
2nd Gear

I didn't know this was something that even needed discussion over....

Manual > Girly *** Auto

Very simple.

I am sorry dude, but that is one of the most ignorant posts I have read in a while. I am not trying to start anything I am just saying, there is no need to fill the forums with your personal opinion like that when he didn't ask for it. Sure I would much rather have a manual than my tip, but it's what I got for like the next month or so. Just chill man, people like there autos too!

Old 04-10-2007, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear

Old 04-10-2007, 02:17 AM

ITs simple this

Auto/tip/etc = economy

Manual = Sport car/race car

As far as i can recal all race and drag cars are manual. autos are for ecconomy and convienience. however i do agree that in some situations an auto is better because it can shift more prescisly and quickly than a manual, but those are really only high end racing trannys

Old 04-10-2007, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

Manual 4 Life ....

The only time i drive an auto is when i drive my dads minivan lol ..... and i still wish that **** was a 5 speed lol.

Quick Reply: Auto VS Manual