Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUDI SUCKS! IT'S KILLING ME!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:00 AM
Default AUDI SUCKS! IT'S KILLING ME!

Last thread was lock because I was away after posting it.

Many people offered advice and help to save me some money and frustration. I appreciate your help, and it is really frustrated for someone to have mechanic problem that don't know anything about cars, and you know every auto shop out there will just rip you off for anything.

So here's the problem.

Being driving the car for about a year with the CEL on, one code, P0421, runs fine for about a year.

Now, when the car is turn on and idle, the engine and seat is shaking, when acceleration, the engine is shaking, and it's almost impossible to get pass by 55 mph. Checked, has three codes now, P0421, P0420, and one other said that cylinder 4 is misfiring.

For this car, if I'm going to let the shop to fix the three code and problems for me, they would chage me at least 2000 odo. Live in Central CA.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:10 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: AUDI SUCKS! IT'S KILLING ME!

I read that last post and saw that it was locked, but I feel your pain.I bought my Audi from a private owner who was having trouble selling it because it had such high miles. I thought I knew what I was getting into as I've only ever really had high mileage cars that needed repair. I have some tools and an access to a garage where I can work out of the weather and a back-up vehicle for when my repairs can't be done in a afternoon.

Aside from that, I think my biggest hang up with Audi is that the parts are far more expensive than they need to be (compared to other manufactures). And I believe it's all because of the attitude that it's a higher end car so parts are suppose to be more expensive (as well as the service cost)

So far I have been able to fix most of my problems with my car by myself. But things are begining to snowball on me a little. I just keep thinking, after I fix this next thing I will be okay for a while.... no not ture. Even with a car that has all the receipts for the day it rolled off the dealer's lot, I still have to replace all those wear items.

But all in all, any used car is going to require maintanence... some of it costly, some of it no more costly than other car manufactures. You just have to decide how much you like the Audi... why did you orginally buy it? My advice to you is maybe look into becomming mechanically savy. Take a starter course at a community college and learn some basics about how a car works. Then get a garage if you don't have one. Equip it with lights and a heater (if you live up north and see cold temps) and start buying some tools. Skills and tools can be used for any car you ever own so it is and always will be worth the investment. For grins and giggles, buy a Bentley shop manual and read it cover to cover. It may just give you a better understanding why service labor for Audi is so damn expensive. Good luck, and don't give up.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:35 AM
2nd Gear

what an inspiringtail, but hes right, you said you fix as much as possible, if you learn how to "fix" cars you can do alot more, there are somethings we cant do, like im not going to do my TB, because its very difficult with out tools and a place to do it. But im doing everything else, cant wait to get to change my brakes and stuff.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:03 AM
4th Gear

Coilpack?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
4th Gear

good suggestion! ^^^^^

Old 06-07-2007, 09:00 AM

I'd be willing to bet that if you replaced all of your coilpacks, your problem would mysteriously vanish. it won't cost you $2000 either.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:07 AM
4th Gear

Misfires could be caused by spark plugs or ignition coils. Depending on the year,
the ICM or amplifier may need replacing. You probably need a new CAT due
to driving with aCEL for a year.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Zombie Defense Force

check coilpacks and plugs and wires.
yes i locked the last thread becuase it had 0 good info in it and the OP didnt come back so i figured you just wanted to rial us up. keep this one good guys.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:29 PM

707782y, where in Central Cali? Depending on where you are, I might be able to help. First of all, if your car is stock, you shouldn't be driving around with a CEL for a year. Second, when the CEL initially came on, I would've gone to Auto Zone & borrowed a scanner to check for codes, & post codes here the same day.

+1 on the coilpack suggestion.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 PM

hmm...I'm kinda surprised at how well people are responding to the fact you said "AUDI SUCKS" in the title[sm=smiley3.gif]

but, i'll try to help. The first two codes suggest a problem with either the o2 sensor or the cat, and usually won't affect the cars driveability. The misfire code could be a coilpack (do 3.0's have coilpacks?) and could be diagnosed by switching it with another cylinder thats not misfiring. If it is the cat, maybe its very clogged or something (the oNly thing i could think of that might cause driveability problems). Anywho, good luck!

Quick Reply: AUDI SUCKS! IT'S KILLING ME!