Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Quality???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Quality???

BMW is not a timex. Its faster, handles better, looks better IMO, and is way way way more reliable. Ive owned both. I also have a friend that manages the service dept for Audi and says that times are good because the audi's are non-stop commingin for work regardless of the cars history. I would say that if you have a good audi with no issues then you are a RARE case.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:07 AM

ORIGINAL: operator

BMW is not a timex. Its faster, handles better, looks better IMO, and is way way way more reliable. Ive owned both. I also have a friend that manages the service dept for Audi and says that times are good because the audi's are non-stop comming in for work regardless of the cars history. I would say that if you have a good audi with no issues then you are a RARE case.
Yet another SUBJECTIVE OPINION.... who's to say in this very specific example that the Audi's aren't coming in all the time because the dealership is in a large city where there are a lot of Audi's, or because Audi's warranties are so good, people will bring their cars in for the smallest, easiest "problems" to be corrected.

The most important part of your post----> "IMO"

That says it all for ALL of us. Opinion. Opinion. Opinion. Most of us don't really care who's friend said what and who works for an Audi dealer and so on. The furthest most of us care is in the reliability of our own vehicles. Most people here won't care that my Audi has been absolutely 100% trouble and problem-free since day one (and I don't think I am a RARE case).

Audi's ARE built and designed with quality, and if you say they are not, then you are the RARE case.

P.S. Do you now drive an Audi, or a BMW? Hopefully a BMW, or you'll leave us all wondering why, IYO, you "downgraded" the quality of your automobile. If you now drive an Audi, kindly shut the hell up.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:40 AM
1st Gear

I now drive an audi and will admit I enjoy it but will not lie to myself or anyone else about the build quality. My last car was a BMW but I got tired of dealing with the rear wheel drive in the snow and thought the A4 Quatro would be a good replacement. The audi looks good, handles good andtraction is fantastic, I wont dispute these facts but it is one non-stop nightmare with the breakdowns and little electrical failures that have totaled almoust $6000 in the past 8 months. As for "my friend", she works at an audi, VW, Porshe dealer and theA4 B6 as she tells me is in the shopmuch more often than anyother model theysell. To clarify as soon as I pay down some debt (I buy my cars outright) I will be trading my Audi for something more reliable. In the meantime I do enjoy the car and often drive it for no reason other than the joy of the car, but I know can have that with another car and spend much less in repairs.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:57 AM

More A4 B6 in for service than any other model would make sense, since the A4 is Audi's top-selling model, and most B5 owners aren't going to use a dealership after this many years. B7's are too new to have the frequency of servicing that the B6's do. In five years, the numbers will shift one or two to B7's and B8's (possibly) as being the most serviced Audis. I know many BMW owners who either love or hate their experience with one or more models based on their experiences, just as everyone does here in the Audi forum. I miss the power of my 330xi, but not as much as the money I spent keeping it tip-top (not to mention the depreciation of a new vehicle). My B6 has been fantastic in that regard---my checking account thanks me everyday.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:22 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: operator

BMW...handles better, looks better
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

I have had my 2006 Audi Quattro 2.0T for 2 years now and have had no build material quality problems with the car inside or outside. (50,000 miles). However I am experiancing occasional flickering of my Xeon lights.

I found the fit and finish of Audi's to be right up there among all cars foriegn or domestic.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:30 PM
1st Gear

Not making this up but my check engine light is just came on while driving home tonight. Thats the 5th time in 8 months. Congrats to all of you who have no problems with your A4's cause im jealous.