Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Quality???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Quality???

To me German cars are like a beautiful women - high maintenence, but the best sensual stimulation! If you want a driving appliance, buy a Honda. If you love to drive, get an Audi.
Or a BMW. Or a Porsche. I've had em all, and I had to work on them constantly. But I still think
the Germans build the best cars in the world. The driving experience is simply superior. Maintenence be damned!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:48 PM

lol... one thing i must say though is that i seem to have a slight problem with the interior "coating" if thats what you call it, im not sure, but any ways its like a light rubberish film and it seems to peel rather easily, especially in spots that are used often ie the window buttons and that sort of thing... just something little but its irritating, any suggestions?

Old 01-16-2008, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

Although Audi is a good company, some cars just have flaws. I've owned 4 Audis now, the first of which was a 97 A4 2.8L. I ran the car until 180k miles and never had a problem besides the control arms, which were easily fixed. I just bought an 05 S4 a month ago with 45k miles, the car burnt 10 quarts of oil in 2000 miles, the ignition coils went, headlights burnt out(they couldn't even explain this one), and the interior panels were rattling. But then again, this was my first Audi with any of these problems, out of 4. The other two were a 00 S4 and a 01 TT, which both ran extremely well up until 100k. So I can understand that you are frustrated, but hopefully everyone knows that when you a buy a German car, get a warranty with it.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:15 AM
1st Gear

my car has had some issues too but i still love it. it's fun to drive and the ladies love it, but now that i'm in college i may have to trade it in for a jap just because i dont really have the money anymoreto take care of the car like it should be taken care of : /
we shall see, we shall see...

Old 01-16-2008, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

You want to know why you drive an Audi and not a Japanese car

This is a picture of my 4 month old 2001 Audi TT that flew off of a curve when I hit what the police reports calls a mixture of oil from a previous accident and fog moisture in a curve going faster than I should have been. I knocked over a huge light pole(the kind that light the highways on 95) and flipped over an unknown amount of times landed on its bottom.

No airbag deployed. I walked away from the accident after regaining consciousness

I fractured my c-5 vertabrae(no surgery needed), little embedded in my arm, the Paramedics, Trauma Surgeon, and Tow Truck Guy(who says tows a wrecked car everyday day from this one spot) pretty much came to the consensus the only reason I am ALIVE is because I decided to buy an Audi instead of an Japanese car.

Safe to say I'll probably be an audi driver for the rest of my life because I owe them my life.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41133/035D012918384C1C94DE1536EC72DF86.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-16-2008, 12:37 AM

^ +1 German cars = engineered to be safe at autobahn speeds
- 1 japenese cars = cheap

Old 01-16-2008, 02:10 AM
5th Gear

go on AZ, there were several guys who flipped their cars, one down the side of a mountain, and they all walked away

Old 01-16-2008, 04:56 AM

So far the cup holder broke, back ash tray, Drivers window, Front wheel bearings, Brakes are noisy as hell, and the paint is pealing of my dash.
It is just a pain in the *** to have the car in the shop every other week.
OK, so it took 12 weeks to fix the 6 problems you cited, based on taking it in every other week. 12 weeks at most.

I think it's one of three possible scenarios:

A) There's a squeeze of lemon in your Audi cocktail

B) You have Munchausen's Syndrome d'Audi

or most likely,

C) You have uncannily befitting karma

Give me a break. Better yet, give all of us a break, and take it for what it is. I have had ZERO problems on a very similar model to yours, and wouldn't buy a Lexus or any other Asian import to save my life. Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 AM
1st Gear

not to offense anyone here.

but you guys can do a test:

1. try to go to any (ANY OF YOUR CHOICE) audi dealership, walk into the service department.

2. ask the technicans, NOT the manager (cuz they are the ones who have done thousands of audi's problems) "do u think audi cars often has lots of electrical problems. "

3. u know wut they will say....

not to say audi quality definitely sux or good by one's opinion.
just being real here....

it is commonly known fact that audi's electrical component quality sucks for long-term. (lots of failure comparing to JP cars)
before anyone wants to doubt this, please go to shops that do repair service on cars including audis and ask their expereince on audi.

Shall we believe guys that talk on this forum everyday more?
or the guys that really have lots of experience doing repair/service for all sorts of cars?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Flarika

So far the cup holder broke, back ash tray, Drivers window, Front wheel bearings, Brakes are noisy as hell, and the paint is pealing of my dash.
It is just a pain in the *** to have the car in the shop every other week.
OK, so it took 12 weeks to fix the 6 problems you cited, based on taking it in every other week. 12 weeks at most.

I think it's one of three possible scenarios:

A) There's a squeeze of lemon in your Audi cocktail

B) You have Munchausen's Syndrome d'Audi

or most likely,

C) You have uncannily befitting karma

Give me a break. Better yet, give all of us a break, and take it for what it is. I have had ZERO problems on a very similar model to yours, and wouldn't buy a Lexus or any other Asian import to save my life. Thanks, but no thanks.

Since you are not at the Audi dealer for service as much as me you really have no clue. It is 30 miles from my house. My time is worth a hell of a lot to me. I get paid very well for my time. So give who a break? Your audi? How about my Audi give me a break? Why do people keep defending their Audi Vs mine? You are not the one with the problems! I am! So take that for what its worth.

Quick Reply: Audi Quality???