Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Quality???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Quality???

i have to agree with the original post. i really dont understand why people say its such a quailty car. dont get me wrong, i think audi's look better than most cars inside and out but i would never say they are the most reilable or highest qualilty cars. just about everything on my car has had major issues. since i bought the car the criuse control stopped working (and its not just the switch), ive had to replace all the front control arms, i had to replace the transmission, the sunroof hasnt worked in years (the entire track system is screwed up), i had to replace the left airbag module, i had to replace the starter, exhuast system has minor leak blah bblah blah....if i couldnt fix these issues myself i would have l9ng gotten rid of this thing.

however i must say that im very impressed with the engine. other than minor leaks i havent had a single issue with the engine and im at 159k and ive driven the car for more than 90k of that. i still have great oil pressure. of course thats the 2.8 30v engine. it seems like the 1.8t arent nearly as reliable.

dispite all these problems i do love my audi and plan on driving it until the death....or until i get a lexus.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
5th Gear

yes, audi's have a few problems. there is way more **** in the car that can break, so obviously they are going to break down every so often. they may cost more to maintain but they are way nicer than honda's. thats the trade-off. you want a car that will never break, get an integra. just be prepared to die if you ever get into a wreck. excuse my hostility, but the OP has made several posts and always has the same attitude. i wonder why you even drive the car...

Old 01-15-2008, 04:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

yes, audi's have a few problems. there is way more **** in the car that can break, so obviously they are going to break down every so often. they may cost more to maintain but they are way nicer than honda's. thats the trade-off. you want a car that will never break, get an integra. just be prepared to die if you ever get into a wreck. excuse my hostility, but the OP has made several posts and always has the same attitude. i wonder why you even drive the car...

or get a lexus.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:25 PM
5th Gear

in my experiences, lexus breaks down more than audi

Old 01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee... it’s a POS. Countless things have broke... but it is a quality car. It’s quiet, powerful, and fun to drive... reliable? Yes. It never got my stuck, just stupid sh*t breaks.

The GF has a 2003 A4, its amazing. The 3.0 sounds amazing revving through the gears... its comfortable, BOSE, and handles like a dream. I am personally partial to BMW's but her Audi rules. NEVER EVER compare the "quality" of a Japanese or American auto maker to the German design and perfection.

I will say though American cars to me, at this point are far more appealing than any Japanese car… CTS, new Malibu, the G8 coming out…

When I need some German car therapy I take a ride in her 6spd A4 and my life just feels better... try getting the same satisfaction in an accord.

So I say, if you don’t wanna pay, then sell your ride!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm make believe

they only problems i have had was my a/c compressor died (100k miles and 8 years old) and glove box (common problem).

Other than that, everything else is were and tear. People shouldnt let one bad example ruin others impressions.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

People stop compairing it to a honda!! Honda is not ment to be a luxury car. it is all about economy. Atleast compare it to the Acura equivalent TSX.

In no way am I saying audi is a bad car. It is one of the most solid cars I have driven. I like the car. But lets be real all this sheit has broke and I treat her just like all my other cars. Infact better as I am older now and just don't beat on them like I used too. Weel bearings going out at 35k? that is unheard of out side the Audi world. As far as Audi compairing to Lexus in reliablity? There is no compairison!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm make believe

its not bad quality, its misfortune. A single case is not a defining factor for the entire brand. All brands and all models have had simular cases.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:47 PM
3rd Gear

WTF, so go buy another Lexus....

I saw a sig that said: Driving a Honda is like wearing 5 condoms, more reliable but defeats the purpose of driving.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

one bad example? type "oil light" or "oil pressure" in the search tab and see how many examples come up. i agree that it can be hit or miss. i have friend with a chipped 00 1.8t passat who has had a very pleasant experience with the car (other than it still being pretty slow) but after looking at the consumer reports its clear that there is a trend with the overall quailty of audi's and especially with the 1.8t engine. im not saying if you 1.8t you're screwed.

chaos: its my experience that lexus's are extremly reliable however they lack in some driving characteristics that i admire in the audi. in other words they are boring! it has been several years though and the new lexus's look to be a huge improvment over the older ones which is why im considering one (the new IS-f is a work of art). though i find it hard to pull the trigger on my 1999 a4 as the engine still runs great!

Quick Reply: Audi Quality???