Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Quality???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi Quality???

OK so I made a post, What makes audi a luxury car. Most people said it was the quality that they built their cars on. I love the car the looks the way it drives. Great car. Quality is laking a bit in my eyes. My car has 40k on it and it has been a nightmare. So far the cup holder broke, back ash tray, Drivers window, Front wheel bearings, Brakes are noisy as hell, and the paint is pealing of my dash. How is this good workmanship??? No car that I have ever owned had this many problems. Where is this audi quality I keep hearing about in the threads that say I got beat by a nissan. Then all the responses say yeah you got beat but just remenber your in a better car. Well that has yet to be seen by me.

End Rant!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:51 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Quality???

I agree with you. It seems like every week I get a warning light saying a bulb is burned out and I check it and they're fine or the warning light will just go out. If it's not the front turn signal bulbs, it's one of the rears, then it's a reverse light, next it's a license plate lamp -WTF?? None of the bulbs are ever actually out - I guess just shitty lamp sockets. Also, the damn valve cover gasket has a slight leak @ only 19,000 miles and i'v already replaced it once. I'm glad I only paid less than half of the blue book for it. I have owned 3 Hondas/ Acuras before this and never had any of these problems.People can talk **** about hondasall day long, but they can take a beating andhave been trouble free for me.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:26 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: AudiVirgin

OK so I made a post, What makes audi a luxury car. Most people said it was the quality that they built their cars on. I love the car the looks the way it drives. Great car. Quality is laking a bit in my eyes. My car has 40k on it and it has been a nightmare. So far the cup holder broke, back ash tray, Drivers window, Front wheel bearings, Brakes are noisy as hell, and the paint is pealing of my dash. How is this good workmanship??? No car that I have ever owned had this many problems. Where is this audi quality I keep hearing about in the threads that say I got beat by a nissan. Then all the responses say yeah you got beat but just remenber your in a better car. Well that has yet to be seen by me.

End Rant!
cup holder and back ashtray suck. everyone knows that. you shouldn't be smoking or drinking in the car anyways. a window regulator went out, oh noes!!! and after 40k a wheel bearing went bad and you need to change your brakes? are you fukin kidding me? please show me this magical other car you have your eyes set on that doesn't ever break down.

i have no idea why your dash is peeling, mine isn't after over 10 years. maybe try and invest in a windshield screen and some light tint so the sun isn't baking your interior.

if you dont like Audi's, dont drive one.

the difference

not audi

audi

***funny side note- if you go on cardomain, about 1% of srt-4 owners have a pic of their interior...wonder why

Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Slut

How many honda's have four-link front ends? the control arms on japanese cars look like they should be supporting my beach umbrella brackets.
Audi's have excellent cabin noise, or lack there of.
When i lean on my friends accord, a huge dent appears and we have to hit a certain spot to get it to pop back.
I'm not even going to start talking about interior because my 99 model year's interior is still superior to '08 hondas.
i could go on but my friend just got here and we are leaving. TO BE CONTINUED

Old 01-15-2008, 12:55 PM
5th Gear

here's your audi quality- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpcGwb82ea8

Old 01-15-2008, 12:59 PM
1st Gear

lol .... you my friend are crazy. The cup holder/ashtray sucks yes. Audi built it not me. Should not smoke? then why does Audi put a lighter and ashtray in the car? That is just dumb. I have tint and it is garage kept!!! Does not sit in the sun all day either as I have a sun shade at the office. Once again the breaks are within spec and audi will not change them till they are out of spec. My car is under warranty at this point so its on there dime. Oh and I also forgot I still have that damn clunking sound when I turn the wheel. Invest??? No car is a investment. Call your CPA and tell him you wanna invest in a car and see what he says.

On my lexus GS300 I never had any problems until 120k when my ac blew up. so compairing it to the lexus it does seam that the quality is not there. I like the car a lot. Just the workmanship is lacking. Did I say the interior sucks? NO! They way it is laid out is top notch. Sorry I got your panties in a bunch by telling you what has broke on my car. lol But once again I did not build it Audi did. So Saying that I still love the car and will keep it. Just wish it was built a little better.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:08 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: AudiVirgin

lol .... you my friend are crazy. goobaldy gobaldy gook!! split spam wazzam!! u never knew i is crazy[8D] The cup holder/ashtray sucks yes. Audi built it not me. Should not smoke? then why does Audi put a lighter and ashtray in the car? That is just dumb.of course they put them in, cause people will smoke in them regardless, but the second you start smokin in the car, the interior's quality will go way down. trust me. I have tint and it is garage kept!!! Does not sit in the sun all day either as I have a sun shade at the office. Once again the breaks are within spec and audi will not change them till they are out of spec. My car is under warranty at this point so its on there dime.so tell them to fix your problems. i bet they fixed your window, cupholder, and ashtray. bet you they will take care of any noises your having like brakes/suspension. if they dont, your not talking to the right person. Oh and I also forgot I still have that damn clunking sound when I turn the wheel. Invest??? No car is a investment. i said invest in a part that will help keep your car in better shape. if you aren't gona do that, dont cry when it breaks down. Call your CPA and tell him you wanna invest in a car and see what he says.

On my lexus GS300 I never had any problems until 120k when my ac blew up. so compairing it to the lexus it does seam that the quality is not there. I like the car a lot. Just the workmanship is lacking. Did I say the interior sucks? NO! They way it is laid out is top notch. Sorry I got your panties in a bunch by telling you what has broke on my car. lol But once again I did not build it Audi did. So Saying that I still love the car and will keep it. Just wish it was built a little better.
just watch the video. you cant expect every single thing on a car to be perfect. come down out of your idealistic world.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:30 PM
3rd Gear

ive had two audi's and have come across nothing that i didnt cause myself, ha!

Old 01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

I will have to watch the vid when I get home. How am I in my own world??? lol That **** all broke. Had nothing to do with me. And your right cars are not perfect. All makes make a lemon at some point. This is all litle crap that has broke. Nothing major really. It is just a pain in the *** to have the car in the shop every other week. Oh yeah Audi has fixed all the stuff that has broke. Not complaining about audi service by any means. even though the don't know what the clunking sound is that is not fixed. I am not in a idealistic world. You are. If some one say one bad thing about the quality you get upset. Thats you not me. I know all cars have problems. No car I have ever owned had this many in such a short time period. And I smoked in all my cars. smoking has nothing to do with wheel bearings nor the window or even the back ashtray for that matter as it has never been used. No one sits in my back seat. Upgrade my breaks? Yeah I will be doing that as soon as the car is out of warranty. But while it is under said warranty I will not be touching them. Point being lots of **** has broke. All very common problems with audi. Just frustrating I guess!

Old 01-15-2008, 03:42 PM
3rd Gear

How did your ashtray in back break if you never used it. And ifyou don't use it how did you notice it was broken? I bought my '01 used and have had no problems, only money I put in after sale was for preventative maint and mods. Frankly I cant see my self buying any car that doesnt have 4 rings on it.

Quick Reply: Audi Quality???