Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Driving School?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 07:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Driving School?????

I joined the audi club north america when I bought my car. Dont ask me why but 40 bucks didn't seem like a big deal when you are buying a car. Anyway they sent me an invite for a driving school coming up in my area. Has anyone ever been to one? It would be pretty cool to drive at high speed on the local banked oval track that I have watched the indy and nascars drive on but if they limit you to 50mph or something then it would be a waste of money. Oh yeah it cost 180 for the day but getting to drive on a track that is never open to the public could be priceless.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:35 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audi Driving School?????

I did a 2 day Audi Club driving school in my area....and absolutely loved it!

Had great instructors, and lots of track time! My course was at Lime Rock, a smaller road course in Ct. Met some good people that were really into cars and driving. Learned allot and got to see how my car behaves under some pretty cool conditions.

There were no speed restrictions...we did have to drive with an instructor..but that was cool and I learned quite a bit about car balance, cornering technique, racing line and how to be smooth.

Check with your local chapter...call someone up and ask them a few questions about how the class is run.

If it is anything like the class I had, it will be well worth the time and money.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:44 PM

if it is on a oval I don't know how much fun that would be but if it was on a nice road course that would be a lot nicer

Old 08-31-2005, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I thought about that. It is a short 1 mile oval but they have had AMA races on a road course through the infield so I hope there is some of that.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

i have an audi 3 day course that was a gift, and the thing is goin for about a 1000 dollars, suppose to teach you everything and then give you a license for ... something... something... scca... something, im not at home so i cant read it to know for sure. so a 180 driving course sounds like a killer deal. if anything it should be fun.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:46 PM

I used to belong to that club. I tried for months to get in contact with someone, since I never recieved the Quattro Quarterly. $180 is not bad to drive on a course. Keep in mind, in order for a person to race on some of these courses, they need to belong to a club that can insure up to $5 million along with other crazy crap.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: EvilA4

I used to belong to that club. I tried for months to get in contact with someone, since I never recieved the Quattro Quarterly. $180 is not bad to drive on a course. Keep in mind, in order for a person to race on some of these courses, they need to belong to a club that can insure up to $5 million along with other crazy crap.
Yeah...in most cases they will call the class a Driver Education Course...that helps with insurance liabilty and the like. The class I took did not allow any racing/passing. You could only overtake other cars in two designate areas on the track and only after the driver in front of you gave you a signal to show that it was ok to pass.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: TexasAudi

i have an audi 3 day course that was a gift, and the thing is goin for about a 1000 dollars, suppose to teach you everything and then give you a license for ... something... something... scca... something, im not at home so i cant read it to know for sure. so a 180 driving course sounds like a killer deal. if anything it should be fun.
I'm looking at a skip barber 3 day class, which is about $2,800....ouch...but from all the people that I've talked to they say it is well worth it.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:59 PM
3rd Gear

Nothing beats a day out like a track day. Its so much more involving than a drag strip day. Plus you learn a bit more about handling, etc. Helps you to take more speed into corners, so you can get to much more hooning speeds!!

Old 09-02-2005, 01:55 AM
2nd Gear

You said it man...NOTHING BEATS A DAY AT THE TRACK....and I just got back from 2 days at WATKINS GLEN with a local BMW Club. Had a blast. Just got back a few hours ago. It was my first time driving (or even riding) on a track....so definitely an experience.

It rained like hell on Wednesday, and let me tell ya...I was LOVING the Quattro. Three cars wrecked, one of which was an instructor in an Infiniti G35. Another was some guy in an M3 who skidded into a gravel pit and ROLLED a couple times. But worst of all, one of my roommates totally wrecked the love of his life...his 323is. Skidded into the blue Armco bariers and his ride is damn near totaled.

Today, however, was beautiful. 75 and sunny, with patchy clouds. I DEFINITELY got passed by quite a few cars today...although I did my fair share of passing in the rain on Wednesday. All in all, very cool stuff...I'll check and see if we got any cool photos.

Quick Reply: Audi Driving School?????