Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi clutch, harder to learn standard on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Default RE: Audi clutch, harder to learn standard on?

I learned on my parents' Honda Accord... took me about 1/2 hour to get it right. Every car is going to have a different friction point, so driving a new one might take some getting used to. The Honda's friction point was very low, almost down to the floor. My mom also had a 79' Porsche 924, and that thing had a high friction point, and a very heavy clutch. Audi/VW clutches are pretty easy to learn on for a first-timer. Now, if I can only get my gf to learn how to drive a stick.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:58 AM
4th Gear

Getting your GF to try to learn stick = pain in the ***...

I had a friend who was so bad at stick, she had to sell the Eclipse her parents bought her. Her parents got her a stick car thinking it'd help her driving, but she stalled that b*tch in intersections.. it was embarrassing.

Haha... At least shes in an Auto now

Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: veloracer
Now, if I can only get my gf to learn how to drive a stick.
Heh... my gf is the one who taught ME how to drive a stick...

We went out to her car one night, she threw her key at me and said, "You drive." I responded in shock, "I've never driven a stick before..." She told me, "I know... you'll learn, it will be funny."

I learned... she laughed at me a few times, and when I bought my next car (my A4) I would only consider one with a stick.

Thanks Emily...

-w

Old 06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

i learned on a 64' corvette its either all or nothing there......also if you think the audi is hard you should try a jeep with an off road clutch and 4.88 gears talk about fun

Old 06-11-2007, 01:26 PM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: epeephile

ORIGINAL: veloracer
Now, if I can only get my gf to learn how to drive a stick.
Heh... my gf is the one who taught ME how to drive a stick...

You're just trying to get us to say, "she coyuld drive a stick well, if you know what I mean." arent you.

This reminds me of how my aunt learned on a Porsche. She sat in the passenger seat and got the gear shifts down while my uncle worked the clutch, then she eventually learned the clutch. I think I would be to scared to learn on a Porsche.

And I still need to teach my G/F how to drive a stick

Old 06-11-2007, 04:14 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: fenderstrat1184

ORIGINAL: Jeff

many you guys think the audi is hard try my evo. freakin clutch is on off no slip
yea i remember hearing that jeremy from top gear said that the clutch was absolutely miserable in the evo
it is death. i'll vouch for that too. my buddy has one. oh and cab, about the shifting from the passenger's seat, i do that all the time for friends that are multitasking in the car, it's funny

Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 AM
1st Gear

I learned on my buddy's 240sx that had a clutch that was definitely going out. It slips like no other but made for an easy learning experience. Then I honed those skills on a pos '87 Toyota Pickup. That thing is a b**ch to drive. And as far as teaching your gfs to drive, I definitely feel you guys on that one.... I get to to that this Saturday. On the crappy *** pickup of course...It'll be a long weekend needing a lot of beers..

Old 06-12-2007, 09:49 AM
1st Gear

i learned how to drive stick onmy buddies dad'sFORD FESTIVA!!! this thing was awesome..lol the shifter was like a foot long. i learned on this thing 8 years ago.. oh the memories...