Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi clutch, harder to learn standard on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Audi clutch, harder to learn standard on?

Stalling at red lights. This one is self evident. Avoid it at all costs.
so thats what i have been doing wrong all these years[&:]

Old 06-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Site Moderator

I taught myself how to drive stick in my first car 11 years ago in an 86 Mazda Rx7. Took me about afull day to start to get comfortable in traffic. Coincidently, the clutch started slipping 2 weeks later... Erno, that wasnt a coincidence. Just thought Id add that wealth of information for you. History proves that if you cant get the hang of it after a week, you are to some degree a woman, and should stay off the roads at all costsin the first place... Or go wax your vagina.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:00 AM
2nd Gear

I found the audi very easy compared to my 2000 Celica GT-S 6 speed's clutch. The clutch in the celica is such a short release and can be extremely jerky if you have never driven it before. Me and a few of my friends think if you can drive the celica good then you can drive anything stick pretty easily. The audi clutch was nothing.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:00 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee
History proves that if you cant get the hang of it after a week, you are to some degree a woman, and should stay off the roads at all costsin the first place... Or go wax your vagina.
hahahah thats so great.
did you get my pm?

Old 06-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Site Moderator

oh sorry ill read it.. i was too busy concaulting that clever^response...

Old 06-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Zombie Defense Force

many you guys think the audi is hard try my evo. freakin clutch is on off no slip

Old 06-09-2007, 09:43 AM
1st Gear

i learned stick on my dads old '87 toyota supra while still being an illegal driver (15 years old). after getting the audi i didnt have a problem with the catch point because i had not driving stick that often with other cars. it was an easy transitition for me, i don't even think i stalled it.
but my dad stalled the first time he drove it cause hes used to the feel of hise36 m3 which im guessing is a mechanical clutch

Old 06-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: drp1489

e36 m3 which im guessing is a mechanical clutch
You mean cable? Hydrolic clutches are mechanical too

Old 06-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Zombie Defense Force

my younger brother joey was driving my frinds pos celica around my neighborhood at age 11. my mom fliped **** when she say him driving down the street. obtw it was a stick and he never stalled. did do a nice burn out in the driveway that pissed my dad off because if left skid marks there for a few months.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:12 PM
4th Gear

The Audi isn't a race car.. its a simple drivers car. So no, our clutch is not difficult to use, it pushes in easily and releases smoothly. Our clutch point is higher up than some cars, that might be what your issue is. Its all about the clutch point, you gotta know when to start easing onto the gas because the clutch point is near, then give more gas and let the clutch go.. I found it to be very simple, and the Audi was the 2nd car I ever drove stick in, first car being a "1998 Contour SVT". I picked it up fairly quickly and am happy with it, like I said the Audi isn't meant to be difficult in that sense.

Just keep practicing and you'll get it, should only take you a couple hours at most the probe came to you so quickly.

Quick Reply: Audi clutch, harder to learn standard on?