Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUDI CANCELLED MY WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:27 PM
jac
1st Gear
Default RE: AUDI CANCELLED MY WARRANTY

I have been on them. The problem is that they refer to your case number and automatically pick up were you left off. That is they put you through to who you've been dealing with. So if you didn't get anywhere the last time then .....

Old 12-05-2006, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: jac

When i talked to audi before buying the car they new the whole story regarding the title of the car as did I. The car had been written off by isurance, purchased at auction by the individual i bought the car from and rebuilt by his audi dealer. This was info audi had through the vin # of the car. No one was putting anything over on anyone. In fact the dealer who rebuilt the car did warranty work on the car while they were rebuliding it. I have receipts to prove this. Audi Canada was asked on several occasion by me before and during any issue arose to clarify the warranty on the car. The reply was always the same 80k or 4 year audi advantage warranty unless anything was deemed to be caused by the accident that hadn't been repaired. That was not covered. Then as it started to get sticky for them at audi I guess they decided to run. Whats even funnier is that when I got the call on friday from audi canada telling me i had no warranty they asked me if i had any bills showing warranty work had been done on the car. I said i did and they went silent. i asked to speak to someone above them and i haven't heard back yet. I think there checking with there legals because the last couple of conversations with them seem to me as though they were just fishing for info. As far as the price and listing i rather not disclose that at this point. Its becoming a real conspiracy. Any info I've given to audi they've managed to turn on me. So until i clear this up i'm staying quiet.
This sounds highly irregular.

It would be unfortunate if you did not get anything in writing as to the warranty status, that would help conclusively.

If you can't get any higher in Audi, might be time for you to consult your legals.

I'm trying to inderstand this from the dealer's perspective...
[ul]
[1] A customer comes to them with a crunched up car and requests the dealer fix it
[2] Dealer fixes car for owner as requested
[3] Owner sells car on eBay to a Buyer
[/ul]
Not sure where in this chain you talked to the Dealer about whether it was covered by warranty and they told you it was. If that was Step 4, then they may simply have been sadly mistaken as to whether AUDI would still cover it under warranty, but you'd already bought it by then. However, if you relied upon their representation that it was still covered by warranty to make your purchase decision (Step 2 and a half), then I'd think you'd have a very strong case against them.

It sounds like the issue is with this Dealer. They should have been well aware of Audi's policies regarding warranty coverage of a totalled car. But I'm not sure I can fault Audi for not wanting to assume a liability promised by a Dealer against their policies -- I'm presuming Audi can document their warranty policy in regards to totalled cars.

Keep pushing, hope it works out.

-RP

Old 12-05-2006, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

thats really fucked up of someone to do i hate those people i hope your lawyer can help you out

Old 12-05-2006, 11:13 PM
jac
1st Gear

I checked with Audi Canada regarding the warranty prior to buying the car. They understood the status of the vehicle. The dealers had the same info. They did warranty work on the car after the accident. There was no misunderstanding. It was fine while they were being highly paid at $115/hr + genuine audi parts. Then the car was fully covered. When the crack heads were getting there fix [8D] everbody was nice.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Sure sounds like it's time to talk to a lawyer.

-RP

Old 12-06-2006, 03:22 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: jac

I checked with Audi Canada regarding the warranty prior to buying the car. They understood the status of the vehicle. The dealers had the same info. They did warranty work on the car after the accident. There was no misunderstanding. It was fine while they were being highly paid at $115/hr + genuine audi parts. Then the car was fully covered. When the crack heads were getting there fix [8D] everbody was nice.
Definitely time to let a lawyer handle it from here on out. You should have a solid case since they did warranty work on it before and you can prove it.

I would let the next call to AUDI come from your attorney.

Good luck.