Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUDI CANCELLED MY WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:28 PM
jac
1st Gear
Default AUDI CANCELLED MY WARRANTY

I recently bought a used 2005 a4 cab with 3500mi that had been in a accident and been repaired by audi. The cost of the repairs was $20000. The car was still under warranty till 2009. I bought the car on e-bay and was told there was nothing wrong with the car. When the car was delivered. The air bag light was on and the check engine light. I called the previous owner and he told me that the rear belts needed to be replaced and he hadn't had time to do it. He left the new belts in the trunk and gave me $500 dollars to do the work. I brought the car to my local audi dealer. They said there were multiple faults in the car etc. the engine module the belt modules and a faulty passenger air bag. I scanned the receipts from the work that had been done by audi by the previous owner and found that they installed the dash without installing the passenger air bag at the owners request. I contacted the owner and found (surprise) he had left the country. I turned my attention to the audi dealer who had done the work and they denied working on the car. I called audi canada and after proving to them that the work had been done by audi they decided to cancel my warranty YES CANCEL MY WARRANTY. PLEASE ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. [:@]

Old 12-03-2006, 09:55 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: AUDI CANCELLED MY WARRANTY

Dude no offense but a car that cost $20000 to repair must have been pretty fu**ed up. Why in the hell would you ever buy a car like that??? Why would you ever take a risk like that with a car that costs so much to get repaired. I don't care how well you fix a car it never will be right!!!! I love these guys who think they're gettin a good deal and they screw themselves.. how much did you pay for that thing???

Old 12-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Administrator

20000 dollars to repair a new car is common now a days
Labor( big killer), air bags, paint, body panals, bumpers, and more labor
i think this is something u need a lawyer on becasue u do have the audi dealer invoice of all the work done rite and it is an offical audi dealer that did all the work rite

i dont think it was rite of audi to do that
have u tried contacting the head quatres

Old 12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
4th Gear

Audi cannot unilaterally cancel a warranty. Check to see if the warranty for the car was transferrable in canada, which I think it should be.

The cost of repair for an accident however, is covered by insurance, not warranty. If Audi did the repairs and didn't put the passenger side air bag in, that is not Audi's problem, it is yours. If they replaced the rear belt module, but didn't do it correctly, then the Audi shop that did it should fix it. Audi Canada is not responsible for poor workmanship at a dealership.

Talk to audi Canada again and get it in writing that they wont warranty anything on your car. Then either see a lawyer, or if you are in ontario, you may want to talk to the provincial ombudsman's office if Audi cancels your warranty.

You might also want to talk to eBay

Old 12-03-2006, 11:01 PM

I had a beef with Audi Canada once about control arm replacement, & went over their head to Audi USA, & that worked. I would suggest talking to Audi USA before I lawyered up.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:06 PM

+1 for getting a lawyer.

I would check with eBay, and see what recourse you have against the seller. Furthermore, I would check with a lawyer to see if Audi can cancel their own warranty. Sounds like you might have 2 lawsuits on your hands.. one against the seller, and one possibly against Audi Canada. Too bad these things take awhile to sort out. If the passenger airbag was not put in at the request of the previous owner, the seller HAS to state that on eBay, that the car was not safe to drive at the time of purchase. Had you been in an accident with the car, and you had a passenger with you, then the seller HAS to be liable for any injury sustained to your passenger. Definitely get a lawyer! Can eBay be liable for letting a sale go through if the seller did not disclose safety issues? U gotta check all these issues out.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:19 PM
jac
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: david9999

Audi cannot unilaterally cancel a warranty. Check to see if the warranty for the car was transferrable in canada, which I think it should be.

The cost of repair for an accident however, is covered by insurance, not warranty. If Audi did the repairs and didn't put the passenger side air bag in, that is not Audi's problem, it is yours. If they replaced the rear belt module, but didn't do it correctly, then the Audi shop that did it should fix it. Audi Canada is not responsible for poor workmanship at a dealership.

Talk to audi Canada again and get it in writing that they wont warranty anything on your car. Then either see a lawyer, or if you are in ontario, you may want to talk to the provincial ombudsman's office if Audi cancels your warranty.

You might also want to talk to eBay
The car is a canadian car and had a full audi advantage warranty. Before I bought the car I checked with the dealer that originally sold the car new and they told me I had the whole nine yards as far as the warranty but to be sure i called audi canada who told me the same thing. Then as issues started to arise audi canada (which is a call center in michigan) decided they didn't want to deal with it so they cut me off.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:22 PM
jac
1st Gear

Any idea how i could contact audi usa. They tell me that audi canada is really just a call center in michigan and they don't have a head office in canada. So i thought i was talking to audi usa.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:36 PM
jac
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: david9999

If Audi did the repairs and didn't put the passenger side air bag in, that is not Audi's problem, it is yours
This is were i have a problem. People in the autobody business who I've contacted to do the work on the car have told me 1. they won't touch it because it has been partially done by another party and 2. They would never not install the air bag regarless of what the customer told them. There are all sorts of scammers out there looking for a cheap fix so they can turn around and sell the car to an unsuspecting buyer. I mean it would be like insatalling rotors on a car and not adding calipers because the customer said not to. Would any mechanic do that??? How about hiring a plumber to install a toilet without a proper drain connections. If your a trained techinian or pro there is a understanding of what your doing which surpasses that of an untrained person.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

I'm frankly baffled at your situation. I can't imagine how a warranty could get voided unless modifications were done outside Audi.
As for getting hanged up on by Audi Canada, Audi corporate runs a pretty tight ship. Did you argue with the operator? Not saying you did, but if someone got beligerent with me on the phone, I'd hang up. A little good will goes a long way.

Quick Reply: AUDI CANCELLED MY WARRANTY