Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A4 suspected oil pump problem after a garage repair . please help ;(

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 09:18 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi A4 suspected oil pump problem after a garage repair . please help ;(

Hey all

Last week took my Audi A4 1.8T quattro 02 plate to a local garage as i had a lot of fume smells coming through the fans when the heater was on and they found the crank breather hose had snapped.

I went and bought one at cost of £28 and they fitted it for me. I know they had to do a bit of work as its not easy to get to the pipe so they would have had to remove fair few parts. Anyways they did it, I paid them and the fume smell problem was solved.

Literally same day after a bit of driving of only a few miles, while driving, oil light come on dash and started beeping saying switch off engine and check oil levels. I took it to local Halfords and they checked the oil and the lever was spot on and didnt need any oil. I even checked it the next day in the morning and again the oil level was perfect.

I took it back to the garaga and they said if the level is ok not to worry about it and just carry on. So last night I did a 50 mile journed and in the end the engine started feeling like it was lossing power and by the time i could get to the services the engine was rattling and getting louder.

Called AA breakdown and they suspect it must be an oil pump problem since the levels were fine but the oils cant have been pushed around to lubricate the engine. And now god know what damage its caused, Its beeing taken to a garage tomorrow to get it checked out.

My question if anyone is iin the know how, is it possible that the garage who did the crank breather hose repair could have done something or accidentally disconnected something thyt could have caused the oil pump not to work, or anything along these lines?

Its mighty suspicious as the car was fine, always serviced, and the day they did this repair this problem started.

Please help anyone

Cheers