Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A4 1.8t vs. Cobalt LS Cobalt wins somehow ?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A4 1.8t vs. Cobalt LS Cobalt wins somehow ?????

My room mate has a 2006 Cobalt LS 5-Speed stock with 145 horse power and I have a 2004 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro 6-Speed with 170 horse power and some how his car beats my car till about 90 mph. Should i be the one beating him.I have raced him about 10 timesand his beats mine each time. I think there might be a leak in the stock blowoff valve because every time i shift it chirps, even when im not getting on it. I dont know if this would be affecting it or not. Yeah so im just wondering if his car should beat mine or not. I have been drivingand racing amanual car all my lifeso its def not my shifting.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Audi A4 1.8t vs. Cobalt LS Cobalt wins somehow ?????

simple, you may not be able to drive.

but take your airbox cover and filter out and drive it around the block, if it sounds like a raped goose you have a bad dv. also if it releases before you shift you have a bad valve.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:48 PM

Don't know exact specs on that car, but it's got to be tons lighter, and you're quattro, so the drivetrain sucks up a good percentage of that so-called "170hp". Remember, a B6 A4 1.8t is like a 10sec 0-60 car. It is a pig stock. To think otherwise..... well, let's just say to not go by specs on a sheet. You're not getting anywhere near 170hp to the wheels with a quattro.
However, with some simple mods you should eat him for lunch. A cobalt doesn't even get a chance from me. I don't waste my time unless the kid wants to be so badd-*** that he needs a little schoolin'. A Mustang GT, on the other hand.... I'll take that one on every time and usually smoke 'em. And mustang owners are fun to **** off.
I do like when a stock B6 A4 races something like that and loses, though, because then when the crapper cobalt or Neon or Civic or whatever pulls up next to me thinking he'll beat me because he's beaten an A4 before...... it's too funny to watch when they're but a dot in my rearview mirror before they hit second or third gear.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-05-2007, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

i feel u, it happens ones in a while... but i think in your case it's easy fixable, u just have to change that part, i forgot the part number and name of it, but i'm pretty sure i've seen it before, it's right between driver seat and steering wheel

Old 04-05-2007, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the fast replys. I knew someone was going to say i couldnt drive. Haha but i do know how to but yeah i guess my car is just alot heavier. The blowoff valve does release after i shift not before. If any one else knows what might be the matter with my car please let me know.

Also what kind of exhaust do youguys recommendI want something that sounds goodand kinda loud and maybe alittle bit of back fire or what ever when i let off of the gas and let it coast in gear.I dont want a fart can though.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Site Moderator

Uh... Did you just say "stock BOV"???? Yikes... Diverter valves (recirculate air back into intake, not blow off to atmosphere), is what is used in these cars from the factory. Before we get into "whats the difference between a BOV and DV?" and "why is a BOV bad for audis?" please do a search on "Blow off valve". Borla, Milltek, and custom magnaflow exhaust systems are popular with the A4 and sound good-not ricey/fart cansih.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

Sorry its a diverter valve

Old 04-05-2007, 07:35 PM
4th Gear

Oh my christ.... you have a DIVERTER VALVE. And if you bought the car with a BOV then the previous owner has no *****, and is a retard. Make sure you change to a DV immediatly if your running a BOV, that would explain why your losing to a stock cobalt (LOLSSSLOLS) because your car is running rich and no holding boost correctly.... Plus it just kills the engine slowly, its really not meant for our cars.

But yeah you should beat a stock cobalt for the love of christ

Old 04-05-2007, 07:37 PM
3rd Gear

simma

Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

fahquad i like the car by the way. I have a set of 18 inch rims for sale that only has about 1000 miles on them and just a little bit of a mark on the passanger side rear wheel.

Quick Reply: Audi A4 1.8t vs. Cobalt LS Cobalt wins somehow ?????