Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi 1.8t or 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi 1.8t or 350z

The Z needs all the rice crap on it to look decent. Nissan should have made it more like the original. Instead they gave it the standard Nissan corporate look with weird headlights and a dumpy looking butt.

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Z is not attractive? And you are smoking what?

the z:

The a4....

I love the a4, but in my opinion, the z is a sport car, the a4 a sporty sedan.
Z looks hot, and with mods even better.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 99A4NOW

What if you were to throw a TT into the mix? I'm not really that familiar with the TT, but it would seem to be more of a direct comparison to the 350Z as a lot of people havenoted we're comparing apples to oranges. Maybe I'm wrong though... thoughts?
As I see there are only 3 things the TT has on the 350Z

1) Styling. The TT looks a lot better
2) Fuel economy. You should be able to get better milage out of it.
3) Poor weather control. The FWD/AWD TT will be much easier to drive in ice and snow.

The 1.8t A4 has many of these same advantages and more, but as a sports car the 350Z is better than either. My pick would still be the A4.

fahquad, one minute your saying you agree with me, the next your saying that when you said "not at all..." in response to my main point, you were right. Which is it? If you say two completely contradictory things in the same post, and i disagree with one of them, that isn't taking things out of context, it's being consistant. When you get right down to it A4s don't handle well at the limmit, because FWD/AWD have a natural tendency to understeer, and because Audi likes to mount the engine very far forward, not because Audi got the ride hight/shock settings wrong, and no, a set of coil overs won't do too much about that. Personaly I like the engine position because it results in much better interior room, and this is a car that was never meant to be driven at the limmit.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: fahquad

Sarcasm noted and appreciated. But it's still out of context becausewhat I said wasnot an untrue statement. Mid-level coilover set up on an A4 will take a Z. Not "handle like" a Z.
I disagree with you here. A stock z will still handle better than your car with modded suspension.
Show me your skidpad and prove me wrong. Show me your time through a slalom course that is faster than a stock z.

Plain and simple, a modded B6 A4, without "insane amounts" of anything,will take a stock Z. Period. Check please.
I disagree with you here as well. A stock 350 is 300+ horsepower. You need to do some pretty big mods to the a4 to get to that level.
Stage three mods on the a4 are not minor mods , they fall more into the "insane amount" of mods.

The mods you have, your car vs a 350z on a real road course, you will lose. The z will out handle you, by a mile, and will beat you. sorry, but get out on the track if you dont believe me.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Electric Pi

fahquad, one minute your saying you agree with me, the next your saying that when you said "not at all..." in response to my main point, you were right. Which is it?
My interp is that you're trying totell me thatI'm sayingthat a modded A4, namely mine, wouldn't beat a modded 350Z, or even handle "like" one. And in that I agree. So that is what I agree on, but I was nevertrying to say I'd beat a modded 350Z, or especially not trying to say I"handle like one".
All I've been trying to say the whole time that a modded A4, namely mine, will beat a STOCK 350Z. That's all. In every point you make about the cars, you are correct, and I don't dispute it. Stock= 350Z all the way. Both modded= still350Z all the way. Modded A4, at least mine,will beat a stock 350Z. I've done it too many times on open track and street to believe different. On auto-x, maybe not so much and I take that back. Simpy because I beat one doesn't mean that was car-dependent in that case.

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

I disagree with you here. A stock z will still handle better than your car with modded suspension.
Show me your skidpad and prove me wrong. Show me your time through a slalom course that is faster than a stock z.

I disagree with you here as well. A stock 350 is 300+ horsepower. You need to do some pretty big mods to the a4 to get to that level.
Stage three mods on the a4 are not minor mods , they fall more into the "insane amount" of mods.

The mods you have, your car vs a 350z on a real road course, you will lose. The z will out handle you, by a mile, and will beat you. sorry, but get out on the track if you dont believe me.
I don't consider Stage III+ mods "insane" in comparison to what it takes to mod a 350Z, and certainly not in comparison to what some of the guys on other forums are doing with water/meth and strokers on A4's. That's insane to me. Mine is just a bolt-on kit that I can't even adjust timing on without lemmiwinks.Just difference of opinion. The mods I have do beat a stock 350Z on the open track. Two of them on open lap days, in fact. I'm trying to find video now. BeaveRun track in Western PA was the last. You're telling me they'd beat me by a mile is funny. I can understand possibly pulling onthemin corners if I've got better lines (not car-dependent), soI can't call better car there,but I gain and pull on straights as well, and that is car-dependent. As mentioned, I don't auto-x because a big turbo is hard to keep spooled and low end isn't that great for a short track.
On the street, I have yet to come across a 350Z that takes me. Call it what you want, but until you're in a Stage III+A4 B6with all the goods to go, stop, and turn, you can't make assumptions off of manufacturer's specs. Come to next open lap day and see. You're not far away.
Bottom line is, refer to above. ~~~~Stock 350Z>Stock A4 1.8t~~~~~ Modded350>Modded A4 1.8t (and a hell of a lot more expensive)~~~~ but a modded A4 will take a stock 350Z. I'd bet anything on that.
I get beat by a lot of cars and freely admit to it, some more embarrasing than others (like getting clobbered by a modded Saturn Redline). But a stock 350Z ain't one of them.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:34 PM
4th Gear

Lol, modded saturn redline.. who in there right mind would mod such a car... christ.[&:][&:]

Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

Lol, modded saturn redline.. who in there right mind would mod such a car... christ.[&:][&:]
The guy that lives right down the street from me.....always driving it running 189,500 RPMs....just so everybody can hear his SC.