Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

attack of the killer DRONE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 PM
2nd Gear
Default attack of the killer DRONE!

man ooooh man, i just got off the merrit after some spirited driving, and let me tell you this new custom exhaust i have (although adding some extra power) is SOOOO F*^KIN loud. the drone at 3k cruising in unbearable, i'm completely like embarassed driving to class in the morning and seeing young moms pull their kids on the sidewalk because they hear be coming down the road (going like 35mph). so i've decided that imma tear this bad boy out, and part out the magnaflow muffler and resonator and just scrap the bullet resonator the muffler shop added (sadly this little thing quieted my car alot in the lower rpms, but the 3k drone persisted)

ANNNNNYwho, i'm pretty much bent on getting a new exhaust which doesnt have that annoying 3k drone, i was thinking about going borla, but after reading countless threads about exhaust drone on af and az, i think i'll probably happiest with milltek. i just wish i had gone with it sooner... but juuuuust to be sure... had anyone experienced any drone with milltek (resonated or nonresonated)? hopefully i can go to the bank and get this taken care of wednesday

anyways just thought id rant about how my car sounds like an incredibly bassy civic
as the gf put it "your car sounds like you should be in a little red civic with a body kit still in grey primer" [:@]

Old 03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: attack of the killer DRONE!

That sucks man.

Josh

Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 PM
5th Gear

i loved my borla kit and it didnt have any nasty droan when i ran the muffler and resonator

Old 03-06-2007, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear

really? because i read on the zine that ppl get drone with borla... i really just need to find ppl near me with the two different exhausts and give em a try

it just sucks that i know only one other person witha modded 1.8t [>:]

Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 AM
3rd Gear

Slap a resonator on there

Old 03-06-2007, 02:10 AM
2nd Gear

I hope to get the borla soon, so I hope it's not loud at all.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:51 AM
2nd Gear

have a magnaflow resonator, and a smaller bullet resonator by the muffler... the bullet resy def took some of the performance away, it muffled it somewhat, but its still bad with the drone
ORIGINAL: wood_e

Slap a resonator on there

Old 03-06-2007, 03:11 AM

i have a borla on mine and there is zero drone. i love it. at normal driving its nice and quiet

Old 03-06-2007, 03:12 AM

ORIGINAL: m5racer

i have a borla on mine and there is zero drone. i love it. at normal driving its nice and quiet
did you remove the stock resonator(s)?

Old 03-06-2007, 04:49 PM
2nd Gear

ouch... for far (via email) i'm getting quoted at $999 for milltek exhaust with about $200 installation[:@]
i'm waiting to hear from another tuner shop in the area to see what they have and what their prices are

man i wish i had a garage to do this stuff in...

Quick Reply: attack of the killer DRONE!